CatGenie Program help?

timdenike

Hey all,

Been tweaking on a program for a while and not having much luck.

I've got a CatGenie litter box connected to a syncrolinc. Above it, I have a window box fan connected to an ApplicanceLinc. My goal: Turn the fan on when the CatGenie starts, and run until about 5 minutes after it finishes. It runs about 35 minutes start to finish, triggering the SyncroLinc several times.

Any ideas how to go about this?

If Control CatGenie Sensor switched on

then

Disable Program CatGenie

Set CatGenie Fan On

Send Notification to 'email' content 'catgenie running'

Wait 40 minutes

Set CatGenie Fan Off

Enable Program CatGenie

I've tried several variations of above, but the program seems to just finish instantly.

Any sugestions?

Create a second program with your "Then" statements and no "If". In the original program just run the second program as your "Then".

The problem is most likely due to your "If" being re-evaluted during the "Wait" statement. The above suggestion will prevent that from happening.

Or maybe disabling the program in the middle of running it, terminates it. Others can help with that but either way I think the above suggestion will work.

Any time the ISY comes to a Repeat or Wait statement in a program, it checks to see if the trigger conditions have changed before continuing. So each time the sweeper makes a pass the program runs, but it gets aborted when the SynchroLinc signals that the load has turned back off.

The solution is to have the original program call a different program, then that will continue to execute and won't be affected.

Try this:

Program 1: CatGenie Activated

If Control CatGenie Sensor switched on
then
Set CatGenie Fan On
Send Notification to 'email' content 'catgenie running'
       Run Program 'CatGenie Timer' (Then Path)

Program 2: CatGenie Timer

If
  - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then
       Disable Program 'CatGenie Activated'
       Wait  40 minutes 
       Set 'CatGenie Fan' Off
       Enable Program 'CatGenie Activated'

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Archived