Networked Denon Receivers

ergodic

I have a couple of the newer Denon receivers 3310CI and 3311CI, that provide networked access to control the unit via a browser page.

So far though I haven't been able to crack the code on issuing direct web commands to the unit.

Has anyone found a way to do this?

The units also support commands issued via telnet and I've scrounged up a little documentation on that. But does the ISY have a way to issue telnet on port 23?

Thanks!

I've bumped into that list in various places, and those commands do indeed work via Telnet to the unit. All I really need is standby/on and the quick selects anyway.

The part I'm not puzzling out is how to post them in via the ISY network interface. It's not entirely clear it's even possible.

• 1 month later...

I did solve this, but I regret not in a way that is likely help you:

I re-turned up my Homeseer 2 with just the ISY network plug-in (which actually works quite well). There is a Denon plug-in available for Homeseer 2, though it appears limited to a single receiver. With that arrangement I'm able to get the unit to go to standby/off and on, which is all I need, though it has some other capabilities.

I could not find any workable mechanism to send Telnet port 23 data via the ISY network module. And I while I strongly suspect there may be a way to control my Denon directly via http, there isn't any information available, at least any I could find. And Denon support basically said "no."

When I get some time I'm going to wireshark the Denon plug-in to see what protocol it's using. That may give me some inspiration.

Archived