Program to automatically close garage door at a certain time

kurelgyer

I used to have Hal2000 close my garage door at 10:00 pm if it was open. Now I'm trying to transfer this logic to the ISY. I think I will need two programs as follows to make sure the I/O linc triggers the door. I will also repeat these programs 1 minute later in case the door opened instead of closed. Will this work? Anyone have a better set up?

If
       Time is 10:00:00PM
   And Status  'Garage Door Sensor' is On
   And Status  'Garage Door Relay' is On

Then
       Set 'Garage Door Relay' Off

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

If
   And Status  'Garage Door Relay' is Off

Then
       Set 'Garage Door Relay' On

Else

kurelgyer

The IO Linc Relay should be operating in Momentary mode for a garage door application. This simulates the pressing of the door opener button. As such the status of the Relay node is not something useful to check. It generally shows On all the time because the On command turned it On to operate the door. The IO Linc does not send a message when it turns the Relay Off due to the Momentary mode timeout.

The Sensor node should indicate whether the door is open or closed. It can be used as an And condition along with the time to determine if the Relay should be activated to close the door.

Lee

Along with LeeG's comments you could drop the second program by adding a wait after "Set 'Garage Door Relay' Off" then add it again.

If 

Then 
       Wait 1 Minute

Else 

If the Garage Door Sensor does not turn off by the end of the wait period the second "Set 'Garage Door Relay' Off command will run. If the sensor does turn off within the wait period the program will turn false and not run the second command.

Tim

kurelgyer

One more item. If the Momentary mode being used responds to Relay On and Off commands based on door Open/Closed, a Scene is needed to control the IO Linc Relay. The IO Linc Relay responds differently when Scene commands versus Direct commands are used.

Lee

Thanks guys! So glad I asked. The logic that I wrote was based on me sending commands from the Administrative console to the relay to test. It seemed that the "On" command had no effect unless on / off were alternately sent. I was not in view of the garage door while testing, I was watching buttons on a keypadlinc that are in a scene with the sensor, so my observation may not be accurate.

I set up the I/O linc and three keypadlincs in scenes as described in the UD Wiki.

I'm happy to know that it will work as you both described. Much simpler and cleaner. I'll re-write my programs.

LeeG - I'm not quite following your second post. My I/O linc is set up as follows:

Boxes that are checked: LED on TX, Trigger Reverse, Momentary A with hold time of 20 tenths of a second.

If it doesn't work after I re-write the programs I'll inquire more.

Thanks again!

Archived