Troubles with Icon switches

apostolakisl

Yes.

Link Management

Start Linking

Push set button on the module.

Now I would not count on this for ever. If history repeats itself. The added goodies will not be there very long before they change the firmware. The original Icons had many added features from their Insteon cousins that disappeared fairly quickly.

Yes.

Link Management

Start Linking

Push set button on the module.

Now I would not count on this for ever. If history repeats itself. The added goodies will not be there very long before they change the firmware. The original Icons had many added features from their Insteon cousins that disappeared fairly quickly.

Brian H,

Thanks for the update and confirmation. I find it extremely odd that a company would remove such a fast selling item from production only to replace it with a (re badged) x-10 model?

What is the logic behind this ?? Also, has anyone seen the insane price jumps all across the board for all of their various HA items??

They have literally gone up 15-20% up in price WTF?? Some items such as the X-10 filters have gone up more than 500% :evil:

Is someone in that store sniffing some glue??

Teken . . .

X10 is having problems from all I have seen.

There are reports of them closing their manufacturing plant in China and maybe using an independent manufacturer to do their work.

They are also selling more third party stuff. Like X10 branded tablets, WiFi cameras, speaker systems and intercoms to name a few.

Folks are reporting long waits for items purchased and all of a sudden out of stock but my CC was charged already.

BBB rating now an F.

The prices increased as the availability of devices has dried up or replaced by new more expensive stock.

The Chinese have finally realized they can start charging more for things.

• 4 weeks later...

I pulled the icon switch from that location and replaced it with a 2476D switchlinc. It has now been running for about a month without a problem. So, in summary, two different icons with exact same lockup issue (one 2 years old, one brand new) while the one and only 2476d put into service there works fine. Clearly something is wrong with the icon hardware/firmware.

Archived