MobiLinc Version 3 is now available!

InsteonNut

Get the new MobiLinc HD, Pro, and Orchestrated MobiLinc updates from the Apple App Store!

All Controllers:

- Reduced taps to navigate app.

- New Navigation Slider Bar accessible from anywhere in the app.

- ICON based control. Tap the icon to turn devices/scenes on and off.

- New theme ICONs and a new theme called Red Fusion.

- Select from 12 custom ICONS.

- Transfer Settings and Plug-Ins to another MobiLinc app on another device!

- Horizontal and Landscape modes supported.

New Features for ISY users:

- Syncs with ISY in the background. No more manual syncing on ISY configuration changes.

- Supports controlling scenes through devices.

- Scene ON Level calculated by MobiLinc.

- New Thermostat interface.

- Energy Plug-In comes Free! Requires the Energy monitor plug-in from the ISY.

- Set any part or all of a program as a favorite.

- Add new INSTEON devices to your ISY from the My Devices menu.

MobiLinc Pro: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobilinc-pro-insteon-x10-controller/id306278110?mt=8

MobiLinc HD: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobilinc-hd-home-automation/id393529976?mt=8

Orchestrated MobiLinc: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/orchestrated-mobilinc/id384150219?mt=8

Please post back if you have any issues with the new version.

Wes

A question about general usage and what others would do.

If you have a SwitchLinc with no load attached that controls an ApplianceLinc which controls a light, which icon would you use? The switch or the light?

If you have a SwitchLinc Relay that controls a ceiling fan would you use a switch icon or a ceiling fan icon? I know it's personal preference but I've really mixed up my setup by doing bits of both, I can't seem to standardize. This is what happens when you're given too many chioces. :D

Comments for iPhone. Obviously iPad is a little different.

This is how I got all messed up. If you have a switch that controls a ceiling fan and a light you can't apply that rule.

I've just changed all my devices to use the icon for the device I am controlling. In Devices Lamplincs use light bulb icon, switches use switch icon etc. Scenes are all pretty much switch icons since scenes are mostly on or off.

Another suggestion: I love the fact that you can make a part of a program a favorite. I currently have irrigation programs that I have made the "then" portion a favorite. One click and I can run the program. But...I find that on the phone, it's very sensitive and can easily be triggered by mistake. Just swiping up or down on my screen has turned programs on. I'd like to maybe see an icon on the left, just like the devices, rather than the whole field on the screen, if that makes sense.

Thanks for listening!

Hi hart2hart,

We believe it is a combination of a couple of things. We are working on a performance update to help with the sluggish responsiveness. Also, the background syncing is playing a role in how fast the device can service the UI. We are looking at possibly adding an option for users to turn off background syncing.

Which iOS device are you running?

Wes

I'm runing the latest version on ipad.

Also, saw in relase notes that scenes can be controlled through devices but they do not appear under devices for me. Looked for setting to turn on new feture. What have I missed?

Thanks for great product.

Hi hart2hart,

We believe it is a combination of a couple of things. We are working on a performance update to help with the sluggish responsiveness. Also, the background syncing is playing a role in how fast the device can service the UI. We are looking at possibly adding an option for users to turn off background syncing.

Which iOS device are you running?

Wes

Hi hart2hart,

This feature refers to when you turn a device on by using the ICON interface, MobiLinc will look to see if that device is a controller for any scenes. If it is, then MobiLinc will turn the scene on. The idea is that the icon should work as if you pressed the ON switch of the physical device. In the real world, the switch would turn on the scene it controls. MobiLinc is attempting to perform the same operation by turning the scene on.

If you tunnel into the device, you still get to control just that device if you so choose.

Wes

I want to add my vote to request ability to reverse garage door indicators in mobilinc. Another feature I'd like to request...

When you add a program to the favorites page, it would be nice to see it there as a button instead of how it is currently displayed. Maybe the color of the button could change based on the status of the program (ie. True, false, running then, etc.). Also, the ability to have a custom label for the button would be nice. I don't want the program name displayed to my wife because she doesn't understand my jibberish that I use for program names.

I have bought the iPhone and iPad apps.

The iPad app HD v.1.01.00 you added a new line above "About Mobilinc" entitled "Copy Settings or Plug-Ins".

It throws you off because the "Lighting Controller" button used to be above "About..."

Also, I notice the program is not running as good as it used to. It terminates and stops running sometimes. Just noticed this since you made the above change.

I'm running it on a 32gig iPad2.

Hi hart2hart,

This feature refers to when you turn a device on by using the ICON interface, MobiLinc will look to see if that device is a controller for any scenes. If it is, then MobiLinc will turn the scene on. The idea is that the icon should work as if you pressed the ON switch of the physical device. In the real world, the switch would turn on the scene it controls. MobiLinc is attempting to perform the same operation by turning the scene on.

If you tunnel into the device, you still get to control just that device if you so choose.

Wes

Thought you may have gone this route. I should have tested before posting Very nice.

I have bought the iPhone and iPad apps.

The iPad app HD v.1.01.00 you added a new line above "About Mobilinc" entitled "Copy Settings or Plug-Ins".

It throws you off because the "Lighting Controller" button used to be above "About..."

Also, I notice the program is not running as good as it used to. It terminates and stops running sometimes. Just noticed this since you made the above change.

I'm running it on a 32gig iPad2.

Hi Mike, yes, we've been working on a perfomance and stability fix this week and we will be submitting an update to Apple for approval tomorrow. If all goes smoothly then the update should hit next week for everyone.

Did you have any questions about the new Settings copy feature?

Wes

When you add a program to the favorites page, it would be nice to see it there as a button instead of how it is currently displayed. Maybe the color of the button could change based on the status of the program (ie. True, false, running then, etc.). Also, the ability to have a custom label for the button would be nice. I don't want the program name displayed to my wife because she doesn't understand my jibberish that I use for program names.

Hi ryarber, Thanks for the suggestions and we already added in the opposite garage door and door icons for the release that's going to Apple tomorrow. We'll see what we can do about your suggestions for the programs.

Wes

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

The Copy Settings/Plug-in option allows you to wholesale copy the MobiLinc database to another iOS device running a MobiLinc variant (Orchestrated MobiLinc, MobiLinc Pro, or MobiLinc HD).

If you configure MobiLinc on one iOS device with your profiles, icons, renaming commands, and favorites selection, by copying this setup to another iOS device you may own allows you to make your changes/setup of MobiLinc on one device and copy to all your iOS devices without having to re-do the work on each device.

Wes

I want to add my vote to request ability to reverse garage door indicators in mobilinc. Another feature I'd like to request...

I definately second the request to be able to have a custom label for the program in the favorite. Currently it's not obvious which part of the program you are going to run.

Hi Andy,

Thanks, we've added this request to our to-do list and we are working through how wether to show the state of the program in the ICON graphic or have a static image that the user can tap to activate the program command or see the list of available commands.

For the program name alias, we've added this to our request list. Thanks,

Wes

Archived