MobiLinc Version 3.01.00 is now Available!

InsteonNut

All,

We've submitted version 3.01.00 to Apple for approval on 7/3/2011. Version 3 took 8 days to get approved by Apple. We expect approximately the same response time for 3.01.00.

[uPDATE] Version 3.01.00 is now available.

This update addresses the following:

All Controllers:

- Performance and Stability Fixes

- Added a reverse Garage Door and Door ICON

ISY

- Fixed an issue with HTTPS connections.

- Fixed scene status for scenes with status only devices or scenes with only KPLs in the scene.

- Added option on My Settings->Lighting Controller to enable or disable Auto-Syncing with ISY on startup. [Recommendation to DISABLE for faster startup performance].

- Added support for RemoteLinc Devices.

Thank you to those that contacted me with performance issues. While we worked hard to iron out all the bugs and achieve acceptable performance in the initial V3 release, those with very large setups were most adversely effected by the new update. A big thanks goes to Jeff and Marc who were kind enough to work with us last week as we identified and fixed the performance and stability issues with MobiLinc and these large setups.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Wes

LOVING the latest update! This app just keeps getting better and better.

Here are some wish list items for future updates:

1. Permit reordering of favorites, or custom categories within the main groups (so that I can group my scenes or devices by room).

2. Permit assigning icons to favorite programs.

3. Provide a way to view the syntax of a program. I don't necessarily want to make changes through MobiLinc (though that would be awesome!) but I would like to see what some programs say.

4. In settings, where you choose which profile you want, lock the profile name so that it doesn't put a text cursor in the box every time I change the profile to control my mom's house. Set it up just like the favorites, with an arrow at the right end of the box to make changes to the name.

5. Can we get an icon for landscape lights? And maybe some holiday icons? Like Christmas and Halloween?

Thanks, Wes! You're awesome!

Hi Tim,

Thanks! Here is my response:

1. Permit reordering of favorites, or custom categories within the main groups (so that I can group my scenes or devices by room).

- We are currently discussing how to show grouped scenes and devices and what makes sense to filter on and show.

- We are working on how best to show this. With on/off devices it's easy to just show one icon or the other depending on state. With programs there are multiple states, so have an icon that changes may not make sense to everyone. Probably the first upgrade will be to add a gear icon for all programs for the popup to key off of instead of the whole row.

3. Provide a way to view the syntax of a program. I don't necessarily want to make changes through MobiLinc (though that would be awesome!) but I would like to see what some programs say.

- MobiLinc and the Resource Manager plug-in does understand some programs (the syntax, parsing, and writing of programs needed for the Resource Manager programs) however, attempting to show the syntax of every program isn't an easy task to perform. The ISY provides this data to third party clients in a strict XML format isn't easily readable without some significant reformatting logic in MobiLinc. As of today, we don't have plans to support this as the effort required outweighs the benefit.

4. In settings, where you choose which profile you want, lock the profile name so that it doesn't put a text cursor in the box every time I change the profile to control my mom's house. Set it up just like the favorites, with an arrow at the right end of the box to make changes to the name.

- Thanks for the feedback. I've added this to the to-do list.

5. Can we get an icon for landscape lights? And maybe some holiday icons? Like Christmas and Halloween?

- There is an outdoor light icon that looks like flood lights. What would you like to see for landscape lights?

- I'll add the Holiday icons to the to-do list as well.

1. Cool, thanks.

2. I would be happy with a gear icon. Just something to make the favorite programs look like they belong on the page.

3. Understood. Too bad UD doesn't offer a Java-free way to get at this info. :(

4. Awesome. For me, that's the biggest annoyance in the app.

5. I think of landscape lights/malibu lights as different from security floodlights (mostly because they serve a different purpose). Using Google images, I came up with this image. I think a graphical version of this (or something like it) would make a perfect icon for landscape lighting.

Hi Tim,

Thanks! Here is my response:

- We are currently discussing how to show grouped scenes and devices and what makes sense to filter on and show.

- We are working on how best to show this. With on/off devices it's easy to just show one icon or the other depending on state. With programs there are multiple states, so have an icon that changes may not make sense to everyone. Probably the first upgrade will be to add a gear icon for all programs for the popup to key off of instead of the whole row.

- MobiLinc and the Resource Manager plug-in does understand some programs (the syntax, parsing, and writing of programs needed for the Resource Manager programs) however, attempting to show the syntax of every program isn't an easy task to perform. The ISY provides this data to third party clients in a strict XML format isn't easily readable without some significant reformatting logic in MobiLinc. As of today, we don't have plans to support this as the effort required outweighs the benefit.

- Thanks for the feedback. I've added this to the to-do list.

- There is an outdoor light icon that looks like flood lights. What would you like to see for landscape lights?

- I'll add the Holiday icons to the to-do list as well.

Hi wrj0,

I believe that the irrigation module in the ISY is separate from the weather module. We'll have to consider the best way to show this information without assuming that everyone that has the irrigation module also has the weather module.

Thanks, we'll add this to our to-do list.

Wes

A way to group garage door sensor and motor scenes would be nice son that you can instantly see if the garage door is open by an icon and then close it by tapping the same icon to get an open/close option.

The wife has trouble understanding that this scene is for the garage door sensor scene, but you must select this other icon and tap 'on' to open or close it. She also has trouble u defers ding why you tap 'on' for bokth functions.

I keep getting error message when trying to run a program from phone. It says:

Bad Message

ISY failed to process request

Please try again

Anyone have a clue as to what the problem cod be?

Hi ryarber,

This is likely the cause: the program ID or key value in MobiLinc is out of sync with the ISY. Try performing an Update Only sync under My Settings->Lighting Settings and try again.

Wes

That fixed it, thanks.

Archived