Two Issues

ResIpsa

I am seeing very frequent communication errors when I launch the app (nearly 100% of the time). Selecting Retry from the options presented always immediately connects. I am on the latest version for the iPhone.

Also, is it necessary to go through the caching process every time the app launches?

I am seeing very frequent communication errors when I launch the app (nearly 100% of the time). Selecting Retry from the options presented always immediately connects. I am on the latest version for the iPhone.

Also, is it necessary to go through the caching process ever time the app launches?

same here. Lots of communication issues and the app takes a long time to launch due to recaching each launch.

Hi ryarber and ResIpsa,

The caching was used to provide a way for the app to have access to all the data it needs once started to provide for a smooth UI experience. The downside is that it does take up RAM space and with large setups can take a little while to do a cold start. We've been working on refactoring the code since that does not require the caching on start yet provides the same performance improvements with any size system. We expect to release this update in a couple of weeks to Apple for approval.

For the communication errors can you describe for me the following:

- iOS connected to Wi-Fi or 3G?

- MobiLinc Connect Method set to HTTP, HTTPS, or Auto?

Thanks,

Wes

Wes, thanks as always for your quick response. To answer your questions:

- iOS connected to Wi-Fi or 3G? BOTH

- MobiLinc Connect Method set to HTTP, HTTPS, or Auto? AUTO

Hi ryarber and ResIpsa,

The caching was used to provide a way for the app to have access to all the data it needs once started to provide for a smooth UI experience. The downside is that it does take up RAM space and with large setups can take a little while to do a cold start. We've been working on refactoring the code since that does not require the caching on start yet provides the same performance improvements with any size system. We expect to release this update in a couple of weeks to Apple for approval.

- iOS connected to Wi-Fi or 3G?

- MobiLinc Connect Method set to HTTP, HTTPS, or Auto?

Thanks,

Wes

I am using a dynamic DNS entry for the IP address. I haven't had a chance to test it with the absolute IP, but wouldn't that issue be ruled out by the fact that the communication failures also happen while I'm connected to my home WiFi?

Hi Tim,

Are you by chance using a dynamic DNS entry for the IP address? What happens if you change this to the absolute IP address? I'm attempting to rule out DNS network lookup problems.

Wes

Hi Tim and ryarber,

Tim, are you using the direct IP while on Wi-Fi and MobiLinc reports Auto(HTTP)?

ryarber, while on 3G, try launching Safari on your iPhone and go to www.google.com first. Once loaded, launch MobiLinc and see if you get the same connection error on startup. I've seen cases where the iPhone in 3G areas do not establish their data connection right away coming out of sleep. This should force a data connection using the web browser to occur prior to launching MobiLinc. What iOS device and iOS version are you using?

Wes

Archived