New PLM 2413S questions

tome

I was having some problems that could be attributed to a failing PLM so I bought and installed a new 2413S. The new one came with a serial cable but the connector they sent is female and the ISY also has a female connector. So instead I just used the cable I was using with the older PLM, that just has an RJ-45 on each end. It may just be an ethernet cable (cat5 or cat5e), not sure. Anyway, it seems to work fine but I wanted to ask just to make sure it is ok to use that vs getting some kind of gender changer for the DB connector. I am powering the ISY from a wall-wart that supplies 9V @ 300ma.

Also, all I did was plug the new one in, reboot the ISY, and then do a Restore PLM. Is that all that needs to be done? When I do a Tools -> Diag -> PLM Info/Status it takes a while and then displays XX.XX.XX V98 / Connected...

Thanks,

Tom

tome

The cable from the 2412 is fine with the 2413. The ISY sequence to install new PLM is correct. The verification that all went well is to see device state changes appear in the Admin Console display as devices are manually operated by pressing button/paddle.

Lee

Archived