What are the most inexpensive security cams that I can use?

Staffy

• 3 weeks later...
Looking to integrate with the ISY-99i, looking for something not too complex as I am not a coder by nature :)

What are you looking to do ?

I was able to integrate my Axis IP Cameras without any difficulty.

I wrote a simplified howto for the Wiki page here :

http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/index.php?title=ISY-99i_Series_INSTEON:Networking:Network_Resources:Axis_IP_Camera

I have a dozen Panasonic cam's and have had good luck with all but one. A guy on the site named Burak, along with UDI heped make my cameras behave with ISY. Recently there have been several posts re: different codes to do many things. I think that their use in conjunction with the WB module has countless possibilities. My code is simple. If I'm home ISY turns off the motion, away, turns it on. I will followup on a post last week to drop motion on windy/ sunny (shadows), etc. ONe could easily set up motion to trigger Insteon lights.

Pansonic is the not the cheapest, but I fee has the best reliability. That said, their Customer (NO SERVICE) is second last to none. Albeit I'm slow on ISY code, I can help you with setup of the Panasonics. Feel free to PM me if you go with them and need help.

aLf

Archived