Trouble getting Insteon Triggerlinc 2421 into ISY99

satwar

I set up the Triggerlinc using the local Setup button and it works perfectly to control a light switch. I then thought that I'd add the Triggerlinc to the ISY99 configuration and it gets stuck in an endless loop of configuration. The only way out is to pull the power on ISY99.

What a mess. Why is this so difficult ? The ISY99 usually makes things easier not harder, but this has me stumped. Perhaps I don't understand what a Triggerlinc is supposed to look like in ISY.

Yes I set the Triggerlinc into communication mode (hold setup button for 5 seconds) before starting the ISY configuration

I also set ISY to retain existing links, since I wanted to see link to light switch. This seems to be the root of my problem. If I tell ISY to delete all existing links, the configuration completes but I end up with two entries Open and Closed, which seems to show the door status (Open = On, Off), but no link to light switch.

I am so confused, and it is very difficult to describe the problem.

satwar

The TriggerLinc is added with two nodes, Opened and Closed. Define an ISY Scene with the Opened node as the Controller and the "light switch" as Responder. Be sure to put the TriggerLinc into linking mode so the link record updates can be written into the TriggerLinc.

Lee

satwar

Thanks. The loop was likely not an actual loop. When a device is added keeping existing links the process often involves the access of many devices. The TriggerLinc was pointing to the "light switch" which means the “light switch†link database was read. If "light switch" had links to other devices those devices would have their link database read. This often spreads out to large portions of installed devices. The general recommendation is not to keep existing links. There are some exceptions such as the MorningLinc lock interface which must use the keep option.

The two TriggerLinc nodes, Opened and Closed, equate to Scene 1 and Scene 2 respectively, described in the TriggerLinc user guide. Closed (Scene 2) is used only when the TriggerLinc Jumper is removed.

Lee

Archived