Scene Status Tracking

tpolito

This may have been asked before, but I was wondering if something was possible.

Let's say I have 3 different switches that control separate lights in my kitchen including, the kitchen lights, dining table light, and island lights. Then I also have a button that is "All Kitchen" which turns on and off all three lights.

Now let's say that I individually turn on all three switches. The "All Kitchen" button will still be in the off state, so if I want to use it to turn the lights off, I have to press the button twice. I guess I could write a program to where everytime I turn on one of the switches, it checks to see if the other switches are already on, and if the are, then it will turn on the All Kitchen button, but this would get pretty cumbersome for each group in my house that I have setup like that?

Is there anyway to have this as a feature within the ISY that when any device is turned on, it would automatically check to see if that device is in a scene, and if so, check the status of the other devices, and if they are all on, turn on the controller to sync its state with the scene? I know the ISY already keeps track of which devices within a scene are on, so I wasn't sure if this would be too hard to implement.

Anyway, Just a thought. I love the product and am very thankful for all of the support you have given me, as I know others are as well.

Not sure how many how many groups you have but I have the same scenario for my living room lights and the program is extremely simple. I used the status of the KPL keys themselves rather than the devices but you could do it either way, whichever is more important for you.

Program: LR Lights Master On-Off

If
       Status  'Controllers and Remotes / Living Room Lights.A' is On
   And Status  'Controllers and Remotes / Living Room Lights.B' is On
   And Status  'Controllers and Remotes / Living Room Lights.C' is On
   And Status  'Controllers and Remotes / Living Room Lights.D' is On

Then
       Set 'Controllers and Remotes / Living Room Lights.1' On

Else
       Set 'Controllers and Remotes / Living Room Lights.1' Off

regards.

Archived