Insteon Motion detectors REv.2.0

remedy1234

Hi I just purchased four new insteon motion detectors REV.2.0 and can not get a status on ISY 99 for sensor or dusk/dawn,only a "OFF" status for low battery.The ISY version is 2.8.16.I do have status on some of my motions although all the battery indicators are showing low Battery.(Batteries are new) Any help?

Thanks Tim

remedy1234

The Low Battery node is initialized to Off when the Motion Sensor is added to the ISY and when the ISY is rebooted.

Once a Motion Sensor reports low battery it is necessary to “Query†the Motion Sensor to reset the Low Battery node back to Off after the battery has been replaced. The Motion Sensor is not actually accessed with the Query so there is no need to put it into linking mode.

Try moving one of the Motion Sensors that is not reporting status closer to an Access Point or other Dual Band device.

Is Jumper 5 in place to allow the ISY to control the Motion Sensor options? Depending on the options that are in effect Dusk/Dawn will not be reported. Also depending on the options in effect the Motion On message will be sent only after the timeout interval has expired. Also depending on the options the Sensor node may never say anything but ON.

Lee

Archived