Strange interactions

raydoc

I have created a scene that includes the lights in my living room, the adjacent office and the entry hallway. It is "leave living room" scene to turn off the lights in the living room and wife's office and turn on the hallway lights. It turns the lights off but does not turn the hallway on.

I have deleted the scene and rebuilt it with the same result. The hallway light is the top dimmer on the list and I would think that it would work first.

Yes, I can see the status and control it through the ISY. When I turn the scene 'on' it promptly turns off the hallway light. Among the many things I don't seem to understand is the use of scenes versus programs. For example, I have a program that looks at the status of the garage door sensor and if it is up then at 11PM it triggers it to go down. This is in distinction with the "leave living room" scene which simply has the living room and office lights to zero with 0.5 sec ramp and the downstairs hallway light to 88% on with the same ramp. I would think that this would simply do those things. Should I be creating programs that test for a module's status and act on that? I have a need for a similar scene from my upstairs 6KP. I want a 'goodnight' scene that turnoff off all lights downstairs, the porch light and upstairs light. I want it to always do that, turn off those lights but it sometimes needs to turn all lights on then to turn them off.

In the Mobilinc Pro app some scenes activate immediately when I tap their name in the app and others seem to need to be turned 'on.' So some trigger when I tap the icon on the scene and others open the scene and i have to press on. I can't figure out why. BTW, it is not my favorite app interface but it seems to be what there is available.

A scene is something that has to be triggered which sets multiple devices on or brighten dim or off. A program runs based on an if statement and can turn scenes on and off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So...then why doesn't the scene that contains my hallway dimmer set to 88% light at all? Currently it turns off all of the lights but does not turn on the hallway?

Can you copy the program and paste here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not a program. It is a scene. In the scene there are 5 modules. 4 are set to 0 brightness and the 5th is set to 85%. The zero brightness part works but he 85% one does not.

raydoc

Perhaps if the Scene is described in the context of what are Controllers, what are Responders, and how is the Scene being driven, by a Program, by a Controller button/paddle press, through the Admin Console Scene control. Each Controller of a Scene, including the Scene name itself, can have different responder On Levels. Pressing a SwitchLinc paddle (just as an example of a possible Scene Controller) can have an On Level for the Hallway light different from the On Level if the Scene name is being used to control the Scene.

Knowing the structure of the Scene and how it is being controlled (with device, with Scene name manipulation by a Program or Admin Console, may help understand what is happening. With the device actually turning Off in response to what should be a change in On Level indicates either a command being issued that is not anticipated or the Responders On Level for the specific Controller is not set to the expected value.

Lee

Example:

Living Room Lights are controlled by a SwitchLinc which is defined as a Controller of the Scene.

Adjacent Office Lights are controlled by a KeypadLinc Primary button which is defined as a Controller of the Scene.

The Entry Hallway light is controlled by a SwitchLinc which is defined as a Controller of the Scene.

Scene is being controlled through the Admin Console by selecting the Scene name and clicking the On button.

Archived