Basic program logic - Mobilink + morninglink + turn on light

bruinlax

I'm trying to write a basic program, that if i open my door (morninglink) via mobilink, if it's past sunset it also turns on my hallway light. I'm having trouble thinking of a way to trigger the program.

I tried creating this program below - but leaving it not "enabled", so that it doesn't continuously run, and run it manually from the phone, but i can't seem to get non-enabled programs to show up in mobilink.

Then i tried to create a scene (w/ no devices in it) that i'd turn on from the phone, but that doesnt' seem to set off a condition i can add to the if part.

So far the only solution i can think of is to have a variable that from my phone I increment to 1, then have the program check continuously to see if it is a 1, then set it back to 0 at the end. But that seems overkill. I'm guessing i'm missing a basic way to think about it

basic program thoughts:

If

From Sunset + 20 minutes

To Sunrise - 20 minutes (next day)

Then

Set 'Frontdoor-2' Unlock Door

Set Scene 'HallwayEntryLight' On

Else

Set 'Frontdoor-2' Unlock Door

Edit:

after reading

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6395&p=48518#p48518

maybe my idea about using a state variable as the condition isn't too overkill, but clean?

bruinlax

I do not have a MorningLinc so excuse the basic question. Does the MorningLinc node in the Admin Console show a change in Status when the door is unlocked through mobilinc?

If it does than an If Status 'morninglinc' is On (or maybe Off) should trigger the Program when the Status changes ANDed with a range of time From Sunset to whatever you want as the range limiter. Maybe Sunrise (next day) or some absolute To time such as 11:00 pm.

Just depends on whether the MorningLinc node changes state when mobilinc unlocks the door.

Lee

nope,

i don't see a status node for it. under "condition" - then "status" when adding it to the program.

it does have a "current state" under My lighting - but that isn't accurate because of a hardware limitation w/ the mobilink. (it only changes when you lock / unlock w/ the isy - unlocking w/ a key will not set off a status) - and even then it doesn't show up as a program status, so it's moot.

It'd all be solved (plus it'd work if opened with a key) if i install a plunger switch to determine if the deadbolt is locked and run through an I/O to set off the ISY program but that seems like an terrible amount of work. (anyone done that?)

I'm guessing the variable method might be ok. . . anyone see any issues with it?

That is odd since my ApplianceLincs are listed and they are Responder only devices. Particularly since there are an ever expanding list of applications like mobilinc that can change the status of the MorningLinc.

As you say it does not fix the manual key operation since the lockset does not report the change to the MorningLinc. I have a MorningLinc and lockset coming this week to update the front door. I may be able to report success/failure using some sort of plunger once the lockset is installed.

yep - my appliance links show up as statuses in programs. oddly, the outdoor appliance linc shows up as a "Control" item as well

i'm considering ways to come up with a status solution. maybe a plunger or a magnetic contact closure and glue a rare earth magnet on the end of the deadbolt.

maybe this

http://www.smarthome.com/7352/Surface-M ... sed/p.aspx

plus a rare earth magnet

or a switch somehow in the doorframe:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... age=search

but I'm trying to avoid opening up my doorframe.

• 4 months later...

Archived