Garage Howto.

RichardLetts

I've been working on this for the past three days, and the perfect setup is eluding me.

I have:

(2487S) Dual Band KeypadLinc Relay v.40

(2450) IOLinc v.36

(and and ISY-99i)

I would like button A to indicate the door state (ON=OPEN) and also be able to control the door. I think I have tried all possible configurations of wiring the garage sensor switch to the IOLinc and switch modes (Latching, Momentary modes A,B,C, trigger reverse). I've also tried writing programs on the isy99i to get this to work, but it is not..

When I press the garage door opener button (not Insteon) the sensor turns the LED ON, this also turns the switch on, which triggers the relay, which stops the door partially open (usually about a foot). If I hold the opener button down for a few seconds then it works (because the relay closing doesn't cause a second contact closure signal to the opener). However (and this is the biggie) the in-car remote doesn't send a continuous signal, meaning I can't open the door from my car.

Sort of using two buttons on the keypad to indicate the door state any other suggestions or recipies that work.

Thanks

Richard

RichardLetts

Turning on the KeypadLinc button when the Sensor turns On does NOT cause the KeypadLinc to turn the I/O Linc relay On. Insteon does not propagate Controller commands from one Controller to another. There is an I/O Linc option that causes the Relay to follow the Sensor which should not be used or perhaps the I/O Linc Relay is being turned On by an ISY Program when the Sensor turns On.

Suggest going to the UDI Wiki and search on garage. There is an example of how to implement a garage setup. I don't like combining the function of door control and door position indication with a single button. There are a number of forum posts that discuss how to implement such an arrangement. Those who have done it are satisfied with.

Lee

:oops: OK, I feel dumb now...

I had first tried to set up an ISY-99 program to do this (because I had a program that notified me if I left the door open). With the commands looping through that then when the sensor switched the program turned the switch on causing the scene to activate and signalling the relay causing the door to stop moving.

Now I use two scenes (and remove the setting of the switch from the program) it works as I want.

Thanks

Richard

Archived