Keypadlinc secondary button controlling a scene

swbrains

Hi,

I have the ISY-99i/IR Pro. I added a keypadlinc 6 button switch today. I have a Dinner scene already existing that works. In the ISY admin program, I added the KPL as a device and it properly created the 4 secondary switches for me.

Next, I dragged a secondary button into the existing Dinner scene and set it to act as a controller. It did this and it worked. Pressing the button on the KPL toggled the scene on and off.

Only problem is that the scene was defined to set the three lights to 60% and that always worked. But the KPL button sets one of the lights in the scene to 100% always when turned on.

I viewed the scene properties in the admin program and the lights are all defined correctly (all to 60%).

When I click on the secondary button (the copy IN the scene as a controller), it shows the three lights and their settings. But the one light shows being set to 100% and the ramp is 0s but my Dinner scene is defined to 60% and 4.5s rampt time. So I drag it down to 60% for the level and 4.5s for ramp time and it writes my changes. But when I click onto another device or scene and come back to the secondary button inside the scene (the controller), it shows that one light at 100% and 0s ramp again. It won't let me change that one light as it applies to the KPL secondary button.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

Thanks!

-- Vinnie

Thanks. I think this is what I have been trying. I think the problem is related to the one light that I can't set properties for. It's the "nook light", which is the light controlled directly by the KPL itself (top/bottom buttons on 6-button KPL). I can set it to 60% for the scene (when I click on the scene title), but not when I click on the KPL button inside that scene. Then I can't set it to 60% without it setting itself back to 100%.

I've attached a screenshot of my admin program on the page where I try to edit the settings of the Kitchen Nook Light. On the left, under "Dinner" scene, I have selected the "Nook-Dinner" button which is a secondary button on the KPL. When I try to lower the Kitchen Nook Light slider on the right, it has been reset to 100% when I come back to it.

Does it matter than the Kitchen Nook Light (the one not letting me change it) is the load directly controlled by the same KPL's main button(s)?

post-2378-140474154769_thumb.jpg

Thanks. I was able to re-add it again and it worked this time.

After "detecting" the KPL I can now set the level of the light that was giving me trouble. It also shows its version number properly now.

Last problem: Everything is working but one button on the KPL (a secondary button). I have it set to turn on a patio light. The patio light is controlled by an inlinelinc relay (newly-ordered two days ago as well).

I know the ILRelay works as I can control the light from the ISY interface (on and off).

I know the button on the KPL assigned to control that light works as I can write an ISY program to turn the ILRelay on/off based on the button being switched on or off.

But, if I create a scene in the ISY program called "Patio" and add the Patio Light device to it as a responder, then add the KPL button "Nook - Patio" to that scene as a controller, the button won't control the light.

I have other scenes where I added the KPL button to that scene as a controller and it works fine. This is the only one where it won't trigger it on or off. The load is only incandescent, and the INRelay I bought is the dual-band version so I don't suspect much interference. Plus it consistently works if I trigger the ILRelay from the software or with a program triggered by the physical KPL button press (on/off), but not via the button as a scene controller only.

Here's the diags when I press the KPL Patio button (secondary) in case it helps:

Thu 12/29/2011 08:53:40 PM : [ IR] 02F2 Press

Thu 12/29/2011 08:53:46 PM : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 19.3F.53 00.00.04 CB 11 00 LTONRR (00)

Thu 12/29/2011 08:53:46 PM : [standard-Group][19.3F.53-->Group=4] Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2

Thu 12/29/2011 08:53:46 PM : [ 19 3F 53 4] DON 0

Thu 12/29/2011 08:53:46 PM : [ 1A A7 9E 1] ST 255

Thu 12/29/2011 08:53:46 PM : [ 19 3F 53 4] ST 255

Thu 12/29/2011 08:53:46 PM : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 19.3F.53 14.82.EB 41 11 04 LTONRR (04)

Thu 12/29/2011 08:53:46 PM : [standard-Cleanup][19.3F.53-->ISY/PLM Group=4] Max Hops=1, Hops Left=0

Any ideas on this one? :wink:

Thanks again for all your help!

Update: I used manual linking by holding down the KPL button for 10 seconds to enter SET mode, then pressing the SET button on the InlineLinc Relay and that works. Now the KPL button controls the ILRelay perfectly. Not sure why I couldn't get this to work as a scene controller where the scene contained the ILRelay device, though -- especially since I had other scenes set up this way to be controlled by the KPL buttons...

That is a good idea. 3.1.16 was released today. Once on that ISY image delete the manual Set button link and establish it with the ISY Scene. Only the InLineLinc needs to be written under 3.1.15 and above. The ISY does not know about that Set button link and will eventually run into a conflict with link records if left the way it is now.

If the devices were added to the ISY with the 3rd link option, keep existing links, then no problem. Any Set button links created after the devices were added to the ISY will be a problem eventually as the ISY does not know about them and can overwrite them. Devices suddenly stop working after additional Scene work is done with the ISY. Controllers have link records which point to responders that do not have corresponding links or the reverse. Some really odd symptoms can occur. Plus if a Restore Device is ever done the Set button links done after device add will not be restored.

Okay as a test/diagnostic tool (as you did tonight) to use Set button links (and some special devices require it under the ISY) but in general they should not be used in day to day operation.

In fact that is how the new InLineLinc link record requirement was discovered a few weeks ago. A Set button link to an InLineLinc showed some data that was not expected but now required.

I can't remember now if I did any Set button links after adding some other devices to the ISY and I can't remember if I used the 3rd option when adding them. I think I have most of my links set up in the ISY so if I could magically remove the Set button links, I think 95% of my links would still work via the ISY. I might have to add one or two, but I think they're mostly configured in there.

So, is there a way via the ISY to remove the Set button links and keep only the links in the ISY?

First run Show Device Links Table for a specific device. Then click the Compare button when the display completes. That will compare the link records read against what the ISY thinks should be there. If there are mismatches a Restore Device will bring the device link database to what the ISY thinks should be there. Need to do that for every device, otherwise broken links will be the result.

Where there are mismatches likely additional Scene work in the ISY is needed to get the ISY to establish the equivalent links.

Archived