io-linc relay status in Garage Opener Kit

Coppernob

I am an Insteon Newbie and I'm just getting started.

I do have a number of questions which I will split up in their various topics.

I have successfully installed the Garage Insteon Kit using a magnetic contact sensor and the I/O Linc as the relay.

It operates correctly in as much as the Sensor reports On or Off and i can open and close the door remotely. What I find puzling is that in order to open or close the garage door I must "switch" the Relay (the I/O link) from On to OFff and then back to On again and the door will shut (or Open).

It is not a big deal, as if i'm away i can first check the sensor status and then do the on-off-on to close the door remotely but I feel I'm missing the difference between a relay and a switch. IS there a way to just click once to open and once to open?

Second question:

To program a simple program to notify me if the door is left open for more than 30 mins would this work?

If

Garage Sensor=Open

Then

Wait 30mins

Send Notification to All

Or am I missing a line that checks if the door is STILL open after those 30 mins?

Thanks

If you have to turn the Relay Off manually before issuing another On that works the Relay is not in Momentary mode. Set the Relay to one of the three Momentary modes and set the timeout interval for 2-3 seconds. The I/O Linc will automatically turn the Relay Off (will not be shown as Off in the Admin Console but it will be Off). The next On will turn the Relay On again moving the door again.

If Status 'garage sensor' is On

is the form of If needed. When the door closes the Status will change to Off and the Wait will be canceled. The Else clause will run. Since nothing is in the Else the email is effectively cancelled

Archived