Scenes Quit Working

SteveSBE

I added and replaced several switchLincs. After I finished it seems that many of the scenes I've had set up for months do not respond to the programs that use these scenes. Not all scenes are affected. Scene tests on some of them that don't get activated by the programs succeeded. Why would this happen? How do I get out of this? Thanks, Steve

jwagner010

Run a Scene Test for the Scene(s) that are not working reliably. Does the Scene Test work correctly?

SteveSBE

Can you clarify the situation a little. Is it the new devices that are not responding? For a device that fails a Scene Test try deleting the device from the Scene and adding it back. Sounds like something may have happened during the Insteon address update process such that not all the link records were updated with the new device address,

Lee

Things to test

1) Do a "show device links table" under the tools/diagnostic menu for the devices you replaced. Hi the "compare" button once it completes and see if it is the same as the ISY links table. If they are different, restore the device.

2) Did you check the actual programs? Are the programs truly running scenes or are the running devices directly? If it is devices directly, I have seen where ISY failed to properly replace devices in programs after a doing a "replace with" function and it then shows "not specified" (or something like that) where the device is supposed to be. In that case, you have to put the correct device in there.

jwagner010

The "Succeeded" in front of each Scene responder indicates the responders reacted to the Scene Test command. This means all the link records in the PLM and each Responder device exist and are correct. If a Responder fails to react to a Program Set Scene On for the same scene there are communications issues. The Set Scene uses a slightly different command sequence which does not have the redundancy of Scene Test.

You are looking for some form of interference, noise or signal sucker, that is interfering with communication between the ISY PLM and the device(s) that are not responding to the Set Scene.

Lee

I figured out why my scenes quit working from programs. I believe the ones that seemed to not work were actually working. However I had renamed these scenes. When I did so, it changed the "On Level" for the ones I renamed to zero! I reinstated the correct on level and I got the expected behavior back for those scenes.

Is it normal behavior to reduce the on level to zero for the responders when you rename a scene? Is this a bug that I should report?

Steve

Archived