RemoteLink2 Quirks w/AllOff Scene Question

robinasu

Hi Lee, I understand the remotelink status cannot be modified. I am looking for some code or ideas to use the ISY to track the remotelink toggle state and ensure that every remotelink button press results in a change of state of the controlled unit. Right now when you set all units to off while the remotelink toggle status is "on" the remote link button must to pressed twice to turn the lights on again. I want to eliminate the double click while retaining fast on, dim, bright, on, off, etc.

Any ideas? Is there a repository for programs around? I am surprised to not see any. Maybe I just don't know where to look.

No good ideas. To continue to change a responder state the next Off command from the RemoteLinc2 would have to turn devices On and if that happened the next On from the RemoteLinc2 would have to turn devices Off. The effect of On/Off commands would have to continue to be reversed until the last command from the RemoteLinc2 was an Off and the All Off was issued again. Then the RemoteLinc2 commands would have to be reversed again such that On performed On and Off performed Off.

Plus the color of the LED blink on the RemoteLinc2 would be backward. Red normally means Off and Green normally mean On. If command actions were reversed through some Program manipulation making an Off command turn devices On the color of the RemoteLinc2 LED is now out of sync.

I do not see a good solution to this. Perhaps someone else has some thoughts.

Archived