FANLINC IS AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER!!!!!

Illusion

Teken,

I am just curious....

Are you saying that you signed up for an email alert for this product weeks ago? If so I never saw such an offer. I just happened to be checking the site for the elusive fanlinc today, and there it was on the front page of smarthome.com.

Placed my preorder 01/17/12. Got an email saying it was backordered until 1/31/12. Then 01/18/12 got an email that it shipped. Will be here Friday. :o I have been waiting for a fan solution for a long time. Between this and the Elk module this is shaping up to be a great year for automation!

Teken,

I am just curious....

Are you saying that you signed up for an email alert for this product weeks ago? If so I never saw such an offer. I just happened to be checking the site for the elusive fanlinc today, and there it was on the front page of smarthome.com.

Yes, I did . . . When Isaac let us know the device was being officially released he provided the initial link to the product. In that link there was a option to enroll for a e-mail alert for pre purchase / purchase once it was ready to be sold.

I signed up the same hour he listed it . . . In the big picture there will be plenty to go around so I am not worried at all.

Just annoyed at all the constant BS sales adds that literally give you $1.00 off, or make you get discounts, shipping, in a fashion that is not attainable. :evil:

If I wasn't happy with the product and the current service I have received from SH. I can assure you I would not even consider doing any business with this company. The poor communications to the developers, loyal customers, etc. really at times makes me pause who the hell is running this company?? :?::roll::evil:

Teken . . .

Just got mine today!! Going to hook it up this weekend :D

Could you please start a new thread and give us all a review. I would love to hear first hand accounts of the pro's and con's of this device. I have been waiting for a long time for this product to come out.

Teken . . .

Just got mine today!! Going to hook it up this weekend :D

I just got shipping notification. Surprising. I thought this would be like all other pre-orders, where for months I get update emails of an ever slipping ship date. This time around it has slipped forward. Weird.

Wizard,

There is no support for this module in the ISY yet, right? How are you going to integrate it this weekend?

Could you please start a new thread and give us all a review. I would love to hear first hand accounts of the pro's and con's of this device. I have been waiting for a long time for this product to come out.

Teken . . .

Finished the installation this morning. Took some pictures and started a thread about the installation. Good idea.

I just got shipping notification. Surprising. I thought this would be like all other pre-orders, where for months I get update emails of an ever slipping ship date. This time around it has slipped forward. Weird.

Wizard,

There is no support for this module in the ISY yet, right? How are you going to integrate it this weekend?

I also signed up for the notification, I was on Smarthome's website looking at some other stuff when I noticed they were taking "pre-orders" for the FanLInc, so I went ahead and ordered one. I actually received the FanLinc, then I got the email notifying me that they were in stock. Amusing :)

I took Teken's advice and started a thread about my installation experience.

I could get the FanLInc to manually link to a 6-button KeypadLinc with no problem (kind of). I linked the KPL to the ISY to setup the buttons to be mutually exclusive. I was also able to get the light control of the FanLInc to link with the ISY. It listed itself as an unsupported device. So, yeah, I am waiting for an updated firmware release that supports it. Hopefully it'll be soon. I think this is a long awaited item for the Insteon platform.

See thread below:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7894

-TheWizard

Archived