Programming with iPad

bjhanson3

I use the iPad all the time to remote desktop to a pc which can run Java...it is really convenient and I have eliminated the need for using a pc...as a matter of fact, I haven't used a PC for a long time now and done considerable programming via the RDC...

I use pocketcloud pro and can access from anywhere I have Internet connection including 3G

• 4 weeks later...

I just recently upgraded my iMac to Server version and now it can terminate VPN tunnels directly. What this allows me to do is create a VPN connection from my iPad/iPhone/iPod directly to the iMac and then I can run remote desktop and access anything with ISY admin from anywhere.

I find that this VPN connection works much more quickly with MobileLinc since my device has a local IP address via the VPN tunnel that is on the same LAN network with ISY. It is also a more secure way of passing through the firewall as I don't even need the ISY ports opened up for remote access.

I also just recently added a Network Powerstrip that allows me to remotely power cycle ISY if it should ever get into a hung/non-responsive state instead of having to call a friend to go over to my house and reboot the device. This is only accessible from the LAN which I am on when VPN connected so this is quite secure.

Life is good! :D

• 3 months later...

Archived