Serial PLM Modem Link is more than 850 links

MrT

The ISY tech support help me restored the Modem PLM links because it has 980 links and cause alot of problem and some program not work correctly. They told me PLM can only hold up to 1000 links. It should delete automatically but it does not on my PLM connected to ISY-99. After restore the PLM Links, we do another PLM links count and this time only 130 links. After that it works great. All RemoteLinc2 works correctly. After 3 days, now the PLM links is 810 links. Anyone know why this happen and how to keep the links deleted?

MrT

It can be difficult to get an accurate PLM link count. Any inbound Insteon traffic that reaches the PLM during the Show PLM Links Database will cause a false high or low link record count. This is due to the PLM using an internal Next_Link_Pointer for both tracking the next PLM link record to read as well as for link record lookup when inbound traffic arrives on the powerline. Depending on where the link record matching the inbound traffic is versus how far the Show has run when the inbound traffic is received, either link records are skipped or duplicate link records are read. This problem exists even on the latest v.99 PLM firmware.

So long as there is no inbound Insteon traffic the PLM link record count will be correct, unless the PLM is defective.

Some folks put the PLM on the filtered outlest of a FilterLinc to keep Insteon traffic from reaching the PLM but this is not always successful plus it does not block the RF side of a 2413 PLM.

Lee

Archived