KPL Load Button Question

jlamb

I have a scene with 2 KPL's to turn a single light fixture on and off. KPL1 is a dimmer and has a load connected and I use button .1 (the main load button) to ramp the scene on/off. KPL2 is a dual-band relay and has no load connected (the red load wire on the KPL is capped with a wire nut) and I use button .1 (the main load button) to turn the scene on/off. I am using .1 button on both for uniformity in labeling the same button on each KPL to control the same light. When I use the scene, it clearly turns the relay KPL on/off with a very audible click sound...Is there any way to get the .1 LED to respond on/off on KPL2 without actually turning the relay on/off since I am not using KPL2 for any load? If that is not possible, is there any problem with letting the KPL2 relay turn on/off with the scene? The reason I ask is that as I have it now (the KPL2 relay turning on/off with scene) their is a slightly louder hum or buzz sound from the relay when it is on than when it is off (it still buzzes/hums lightly when off).

Just want to make sure I am doing everything correctly with this particular scene setup.

Thanks in advance,

Jasson

The relay and the button LED respond as one. The button LED and relay operation cannot be separated. There is no problem with the relay operating even though there is no load connected to the Red load wire. The buzz is not related to not having a load attached. Once the cover plate is on the buzz does not seem to be audible when not standing alongside the switch.

Both KeypadLinc button .1 should be Controllers of the Scene to keep the button LEDs in sync. It sounds like that is the way you have the Scene defined.

Archived