How to stagger multiple scenes in a program

paauto

I'm trying to write a program that will start a series of scences turning on an off, to simulate activity in the house when we're away. For example, at 5:30 PM turn on the kitchen light for 45 minutes. 5 minutes before the kitchen light turns off, turn on the light in the family room, etc. Can I do all of this in one program? IF so, can someone please explain?

If
       Time is  5:30:00PM
Then
       Set Scene 'SceneKitchenLights' On
       Wait  40 minutes 
       Set Scene 'SceneFamilyRoomLights' On
       Wait  5 minutes 
       Set Scene 'SceneKitchenLights' Off

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The Program can be Disabled when not needed. Some folks use a KeypadLinc button On when away. The KeypadLinc button On would trigger a program to Enable the above Program.

Set the program up using LeeG's recommondatin and it's almost working perfectly. I have seven scenes in the program, coming on and off sequentially. Two of the scenes don't respond 100% of the time. I disabled all programs and ran teh scene diagnostics on both and they both returned a "suceeded" response.

Thoughts?

A successful Scene Test indicates the link records that support the Scene are correct in both the devices and the PLM. When some devices fail to respond to a Scene when the Scene Test is successful indicates either a comm problem or some interference with a Program that is triggered by the devices in the Scene changing state. The Program interference question is easily eliminated by Disabling all other Programs and running only the one that is driving the Scenes that are failing.

If the devices continue not to respond with the Programs Disabled then some interference is indicated. Could be the load(s) that are being turned On by the Scene such as CFLs or Fluorescents. Could be something else that is generating interference or attenuating the Insteon Scene message such that it does not reach all the devices.

Verify the Access Points are installed on opposite 120V legs and are receiving each other’s RF signals. Is the ISY PLM plugged into an outlet that is being shared by UPS/PC equipment? The power supplies in these devices can attenuate an Insteon signal to the point that it may not reach all devices. A FilterLinc should be used with UPS/PC. Look for a pattern. Are the devices that are not responding on the same circuit? What else is on that circuit? Finding comm problems can be a long frustrating process and often have more than one cause.

One easy test is use an extension cord. Plug the PLM into the extension cord and plug the extension cord into a different circuit in another room. Then run the Program driving the Scenes. The surge suppressor and associated equipment should be isolated with a FilterLinc.

Archived