Cycle FanLinc speeds on KPL

iostream212

Hi Lee

Let me try to explain.I Have "A" button as Low speed and set as the controller of scene "02-KPD-Mbed-Fan-Low-A".Resonders are "02-KPD-Mbed-Fan-Med-B","02-KPD-Mbed-Fan-High-C","02-KPD-Mbed-Fan-Off-D",and "02-Mbed fanlinc".Fanlinc is set to low all others are set to off.(you can only set the LED's 100% or off).This does work but the the fanlinc for some reason fails to update the status on the console .I deleted the fanlinc and Keypad after the upgrade and reinstalled.Upgrade is 3.2.1 for firmware and UI.

Tim

Thanks have a great day

Tim

remedy1234

Thanks for the additional information.

Is the problem when button A is pressed On or when the Scene is turned On through the Admin Console?

Does the Fan physically turn On to Low and the Admin Console shows it as Off or neither the Fan itself nor the Admin Console go to Low?

I set up a Scene which I think is what you described

SceneFanControlLowA          when Scene name selected     when button A selected
  KPL button A is Controller
  KPL button B is Responder                                 On Level 0% 
  KPL button C is Responder                                 On Level 0%
  KPL button D is Responder                                 On Level 0%
  FanLinc-Fan is Responder            Low                      Low      

When button A on the KPL is pressed On the Fan turns On to Low and the Fan state is changed to Low

If the problem is the Fan does not turn On to Low and the Admin Console does not change to Low, move the Fan On Level slider to a different position and confirm a Progress Bar is displayed. Then move the slider to Low and confirm a Progress Bar is displayed.

EDIT: I've added a FanLinc Show Device Link Table. The entry at FD8 is the link that supports button A. The 03 in the second byte indicates button A. The 3F in the third from the right end is the Low speed setting. A Show Device Links Table of the FanLinc should show a similar link. It may not be at FD8 as that depends on what else the FanLinc has been assigned to. However, there must be a record with a 03 in the second byte. The three bytes after that will be the KeypadLinc Insteon address and the byte after that will be 3F if the speed is set to Low.

EDIT2: made another test Scene using a KeypadLinc Relay (was using Dimmer in previous test) with the same configuration. Button A as Controller, buttons B,C,D as responders set to 0% On Level and a different FanLinc as Responder set to On Level Low. Same results, pressing KPL button A On turns the FanLinc Fan On and the Admin Console show speed as Low.

post-973-140474155665_thumb.jpg

Hi Lee

I'm Sorry it has been a while since last post I have not had time to check this until today.I have the keypad controling the fan the way I explained (how you have it in your example) it is working how the way it is suppose to however it does not update on the console.When I moved the slider on the console that changes the speed of the fan.

Thanks Tim

I am hoping those monitoring this thread can help me with my KPL - Fanlinc issue.

I installed my first Fanlinc yesterday, and after playing with the mutually exclusive

Button settings with no luck, I ended up setting up 4 scenes (fan off, low, med and high)

On to 4 KPL buttons. To get the LEDs to work properly, I have all of the buttons in all

Scenes. For instance, in fan low, the fan off, med and high buttons are assigned to be off.

It works fine from the KPL, but I also want fan low controlled by remotelinc 1-5. When I hit

That button (or control any of the scenes from Mobilinc) ALL 4 KPL buttons illuminate. I can't

Figure out any way to fix it.

I am not using any programs for this set up.

Any help at all is appreciated. I am terrible at setting up complex programs on the ISY, but I do have several running successfully.

Thanks in advance.

Jdsmooth

You will need some new Scenes and new Programs. The operation of the KeypadLinc buttons when pressed locally is different from when driven from another Controller (RemoteLinc). For most KeypadLincs in the field an On command from another Controller cannot be used to turn Off a Secondary KeypadLinc button. This means additional Scenes are required with the various KeypadLinc button patterns so that a Program triggered by a RemoteLinc button press can issue a Set Scene xxxx Off that turns Off the unwanted Secondary KeypadLinc buttons.

Jdsmooth

The latest KeypadLinc with v.40 firmware supports a separate Controller turning Off Secondary KeypadLinc buttons with an On command. That is, a RemoteLinc can issue a Scene On command to turn one KeypadLinc button On and have that same Scene issue On commands to other Secondary KeypadLinc buttons set to 0% On Level and have those Secondary buttons turn Off. The same behavior achieved when pressing the buttons on the KeypadLinc itself. The v.40 firmware is the only KeypadLinc firmware with that capability. All earlier KeypadLinc firmware will not turn Off a Secondary button with an On command.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived