Ramp rate question

vbsafire1

I have a dual band switchlinc dimmer. It is set up as a scene linked to a button on the keypadlinc. I have the ramp rate set at 8.5 so when I use the keypad I can turn it on with that set rate. It works perfectly. As long as I use the keypad. If I use the actual switch it goes on regularly not at the ramp rate that is set. I have tried to set the ramp rate up through the ISY99 for the device but no luck.

What am I missing?

The Ramp Rate used when the paddle is pressed is set under the device itself. Click the SwitchLinc node in the My Lighting tree and set the “Ramp Rate (applied locally)†slider to the desired Ramp Rate. This is the value that is used when the SwitchLinc paddle is used.

The Scene Responder Ramp Rate for the KeypadLinc button applies only when the KeypadLinc button is pressed.

If the Ramp Rate (applied locally) setting does not work and the ISY Firmware is 3.2.x do a Restore Device on the KeypadLinc and then set the Ramp Rate again. It will be necessary to move the slider to a different value, allow that value to be written (Progress Bar appears), then move the slider to the desired setting.

You can also do this from the scene itself. Go to the scene on your tree on the left and then click on the device sub-tree under it. Click "copy scene attricutes" button and it will make the "applied local" settings match the scene settings.

Keep in mind that Insteon lets you do set your scenes up in a multitude of ways.

1) Pushing a button on a switch will always cause THAT SWITCH (and the load attached to it, if any) to do as is set for that switch as an individual. This means that it will ramp up at the rate specified to the on level specified for THAT SWITCH as a solo device. Any scene the switch is a part of is irrelevant.

2) If a switch is controller for a scene, it will trigger all THE OTHER devices in the scene to do as stipulated in the scene. Each device in the scene can have a unique ramp rate/on level or you can click the button "apply changes to all devices" and ISY will automatically set them all the same.

3) If a switch is a responder only to a scene, it will ramp rate/on level as directed in the scene when the scene is activated from whatever controller you have set (either another Insteon device or as part of an ISY program). Again, localy pressing that switch will make it behave as per the local settings for that switch. But, as a scene responder, locally pushing the switch will not trigger the scene.

Archived