Partial List I2CS Modules.

Brian H

I just received a replacement Appliancelinc for a hardware R4.6, Firmware V4.2 i2CS model that crapped out after just two weeks. The original units transmitter was defective and only put out 1/4 that of what my PLM puts out. It would occasionally drop to under 100mv output.

This new module is Hardware R4.7 Firmware V4.2. I wonder why the hardware revision change?

It appears the PLMs transmitter(power supply) is much stronger than the Appliancelincs as both working appliancelincs I have act similarly. Their transmissions start out strong at 90% those of the PLM on their initial hop participation. By the end of a long message their output has dropped to 60% that of the PLM!

I have been playing with i2CS on both of the newer modules and it appears that the use of the new checksum is pretty selective? The Appliancelinc returns a valid i2CS checksum byte in D14 for link record reads. However the D14 byte return is not a valid checksum byte for a " Extended Get, 0x2E msg"? Perhaps still used as data in that message??

In addition the Appliancelinc does not appear to check the checksum byte on an extended on/off command. I can make the checksum byte anything and it still activates the load (as long as it is linked).

Any chance anyone knows what the data bytes in the "Get, 0x2E msg represent ,for an Appliancelinc?

Appears they may have a hardware problem with either the power line transmitter or the power supply is wimping out with a prolonged transmission string.

Maybe 4.7 was an attempt to fix a 4.6 hardware issue.

I have not seen anything new in the Developers Forum's or Download areas lately at all, on hardware things.

I maybe on the inactive list anyway as I am not actively developing and my last update was emailed to me. Not on the forums and download areas.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately I do not have that information. The ToggleLinc Dimmers are described as v5.9 but that may be the hardware revision rather than the firmware. This was taken from the Powerhome forum. The initial post sounded like an I2CS problem. A trace confirmed the NAK was for an ALDB command that was rejected because there was no link between the ToggleLinc and the PLM. Powerhome has not been updated with I2CS support yet so all linking has to be done with the Set button. Adding a device to Powerhome is a static process that does not involve communication with the device so the niceties of an ISY event trace do not apply.

Looks like firmware 41, so it follows that it must be hardware revision V5.9. http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/use ... f=7&t=8543 Those numbers are in line with what's known about previous versions.

Looks like the ToggleLinc Relay is also i2cs now: http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/use ... f=7&t=8541

Edit: but we knew that about the ToggleLinc Relay already.

There is a list of Relay devices with I2CS and some other device types. This is the first Dimmer I have seen with trace verification of I2CS. I've been updating my initial post on page 1 with new device types as they are verified as I2CS. As more folks have moved to 3.2.6 there could be other Dimmer devices with I2CS that would not be obvious any more since they would install and work on 3.2.6.

• 3 weeks later...

I just received an EZflora and a new 2476S Switchlinc.

I have taken to testing all new devices prior to install as some very smart members here recommend :)

In addition to simple testing I am also measuring signal strengths after having received a few modules in the past that had weak transmitters.

I tested both the new Switchlinc relay and the Ezflora in an isolated network and was very happy with their levels being greater than the 3.2V p-p minimum. I was also happy to see that they both appear to synchronize well during simulcasts ( the hops add together well). I am seeing 6.5V -7.0Vp-p hops when both are contributing!

In general the newer modules definitely appear to be synchronizing better than many of my older modules did.

Two things about the Ezflora that surprised me:

1) It stated on the paper that came with it : "New Dual Band" Version! In my limited initial testing it does appear to be dual band? That was a pleasant surprise as I did not see it advertized at Smarthome as such?

2) When polled for its Engine it responds as i2CS, even though it was not linked to a controller??

This unit is a hardware version #1.7 and responds as firmware version #28.

As a side note I also tested and confirmed that it responds to variable beeper duration commands which I am also happy to see.

Archived