TriggerLinc - INSTEON Wireless Door Window Sensor

Andre Douyon

Hello,

I have a trigger ling that is set to turn on switchlinc light when open, and tuen it off when closed. When the trigger link is open, and turns on the switch link, I also want 2 other switches to turn on. When I look at logs, it seems that when triggerlinc turns switchlinc on, there is no log data recorded, and my program, which says if status switch A is no, then turn switch b on does not run. If I hit the switchlinc manually, i see lots of log data and program works. Is it possible to set the status of a triggerlinced switch to activate other switches when it is on?

Hope I am not too confusing.

THnaks

Any linking and scene creation should be done through the Administrative Console.

The Administrative Console doesn't know the manual links you did and will not show status changes and may eventually over write the devices link database as it doesn't know existing links are in it.

Also if the modules are new. They are probably I2CS protocol ones. So ISY firmware 3.2.3 should be used.

Thanks Brian,

I added he devices to scene. Do I now need to write a program that references the scene? I have switch A as controller and switch B & C as responders in the scene. I have the Trigger link paired to switch A. What am I missing.

I also upgraded to 3.2.3

Thanks

Insteon does not propagate/cascade Scenes. The TriggerLinc as a Controller with Switch A as a Responder only affects Switch A. The fact that Switch A is a Controller of a different Scene does not cause Switch A Responders to react when Switch A is turned On/Off by the TriggerLinc. That would be cascading or propagating Scenes which Insteon does not support.

What you need is to have one ISY Scene. The TriggerLinc is a Controller and Switch A, B, C are at least Responders. If the switches should also be able to turn each other On/Off as the TriggerLinc does then Switch A, B, C should be added to the one ISY Scene as Controllers along with the TriggerLinc.

If the SwitchLincs were added to the ISY before upgrading to 3.2.3 they have to be Deleted and added back to the ISY under 3.2.3. The SwitchLincs should be Removed from any Scenes before doing the Delete. Then add the SwitchLincs to the Scene after adding them back as devices under 3.2.3. New SwitchLincs are I2CS devices (expansion of Insteon protocol). They have to be added to the ISY under 3.2.3 for them to function correctly.

OK, THank you. I will give that a shot. It seems that the Trigerlinks cannot be added as devices like switch link in the admin console. I have a new trigger link with ID of 14.8.F.70. I cannot auto link it or add it manually. Is this as designed? Sorry for the questions. I am still learning the programming in's and outs of this product.

Battery RF devices in general have to be added using New INSTEON Device, entering the Insteon Address, Name, and selecting the Device Type from the pulldown. The TriggerLinc must be put into linking mode manually by pressing the Set button until the LED blinks continuously. Otherwise the RF device is asleep to save battery life, not being able to respond to commands when asleep.

Archived