Window Blinds?

vbsafire1

We are getting ready to put new window blinds on our bedroom window. I woulld like to be able to be able to operate them either remotely via Ipad/Iphone or by a wall keypad such as a Keypadlinc. My question is, are there certain blinds i.e. Hunter Douglas that are compatible with the ISY99 or it doesn't matter the brand? Does Insteon make such a product? Who makes the best one for what I am trying to accomplish?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I use roller shades. You need something like smarthome# 31813 and a global cach ip to serial so the isy using the network module can send commands. With this I have 10 shades integrated into insteon. I make the 2x click for the primary light open and close the shades. It is awesome. The somfy stuff is very well made.mi bought all from av-outlet.

• 1 year later...

Hi! Interesting discussion! I would love to know if all types of blinds can be motorized or just roller ones for example. Do you know something about this? I moved in a new house which has a conservatory and I have to put up blinds in there. It would be perfect if I could get remotely operated blinds for my loft and ceiling windows. This description I found online talks about pleated blinds in a conservatory: The slim 20mm pleats make the blind neatly fit into any size window. The blinds are particularly suitable for conservatories, orangeries and sunrooms. There are two types of pleated blinds, freehanging for windows and conservatory walls, skylight blinds for square and rectangular glass and conservatory ceilings. Our pleated blinds manufactured with ASC fabrics with their solar reflective backing will keep your conservatory cool in summer and save money on heating costs in winter. Our translucent fabrics gently filter and soften the light whilst still giving your room privacy.

Do they make motorized pleated blinds as well? Any opinion would work! Thank you and have a nice day!

Archived