TriggerLinc devices Open/Closed always "On"

muck4618

I just installed a togglelinc which is being monitored by an ISY-99i but the state of the Open and Close devices are always "On". Shouldn't Open be Off when the door is closed. I just want to create a program in the ISY to turn the light On when the door is open and not turn it off when it is closed. I have tried jumper on and off. Thanks in advance for any suggestions

muck4618

Check the jumper on the TriggerLinc printed circuit board. It sounds like the jumper is not there or installed such that it is not across both pins. When the jumper is in place the Opened node will cycle from Off to On to Off as the magnet is moved away and brought back to the TriggerLinc.

When the TriggerLinc is working in 2 Scene mode (jumper removed) an On command is sent to the Opened node and then the Closed Node as the magnet position is moved. The TriggerLinc normally comes with the jumper installed, which causes it to operate in 1 Scene mode, where the Opened node cycles from Off to On to Off and so on.

Ran a test on one of the TriggerLincs. It did not require the battery to be removed for it to switch from 1 scene to 2 scene mode and then back again as the jumper was removed and restored, This TriggerLinc is several months old so it may not operate the same as newer models. Simple matter to remove the battery to be sure.

I verified that the jumper is attached and I removed the battery for a while to make sure it applies. I think it might be triggering correctly because I can get it to turn the light on but it also turns on at sunset. I just want it to turn the light on between sunset and sunrise.

If

From Sunset

To Sunrise (next day)

And Status '14.49.3E-Opened' is On

Then

Set 'Master Door Light' Fast On

Else

Set 'Master Door Light' Off

The Program is triggered at Sunset, at Sunrise (next day) and whenever the TriggerLinc Opened node Status changes. If the TriggerLinc Status is On at Sunset or Sunrise the Then Clause Runs. Using If Control rather than If Status will cause the Then clause to run only when an On command is received between Sunset and Sunrise (next day).

EDIT: the Else should be moving into the Then of another Program that is conditioned with an If Control xxx is switched Off and same time range unless the Off logic should be gated on different conditions.

The TriggerLinc is registering correctly now in that the Open/Closed state change when the door is opened or closed. I removed the "else" and the light comes on as expected. Now the wife wants the light to come on when we open the door to let the dog out (between sunset/sunrise) and stay on until we open the door again to let him back in.

Archived