ISY994i/IR PRO & 2413s Communication Issue?

morreale

My issue is this. I have 5 x (2466S) ToggleLinc Relay v.29 switches that are members of a scene to control outside floods using the programs listed below. Everyday one of the switches does not come on and sometimes if it does come on it doesn't go off. Take a look at the programs and you can see i have even added in a query and then another attempt to control the switch which also doesn't work. What doesn't make sense is the fact that I can turn the scene on/off with a remote, using MobiLinc from my phone or tablet or from my elk touchscreen keypad and the switch in question responds.

I have a ISY994i/IR PRO & 2413s and the following devices. Release 3.2.4 (Beta)

4 x Access Points

5 x (2466S) ToggleLinc Relay v.29

1 x (2476S) SwitchLinc Relay v.3A

1 x (2477D) Dual Band SwitchLinc Dimmer v.40

2 x (2476D) SwitchLinc Dimmer v.27

2 x (2456D3) LampLinc v.37

4 x (2456D3) LampLinc v.33

2 x (2420M) INSTEON Motion Sensor v.34

2 x (2440) RemoteLinc v.00

If

Time is Sunset

Then

Set Scene 'Exterior Lights + Foyer Lamp' On

Wait 3 minutes

Set Scene 'Exterior Lights + Foyer Lamp' Query

Wait 1 minute

Set Scene 'Exterior Lights + Foyer Lamp' On

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

If

On Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu

Time is 11:00:00PM

Then

Set Scene 'Exterior Lights + Foyer Lamp' Off

Wait 3 minutes

Wait 1 minute

Else

If

On Sat, Sun

Time is 2:30:00AM

Then

Wait 3 minutes

Wait 1 minute

Else

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

If the mobile app is using the ISY to turn the Scene On (not the device) the same Insteon command is being used through the ISY PLM with the mobile app as the ISY Program. If different results are achieved it is time of day related or general powerline issue that works some times and fails others.

The use of the same command can be confirmed by running Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer with Level 3-Device communications events selected. Issue the Scene On through the mobile app and Run Then one of the Programs.

If the mobile app is using the ISY to turn the Scene On (not the device) the same Insteon command is being used through the ISY PLM with the mobile app as the ISY Program. If different results are achieved it is time of day related or general powerline issue that works some times and fails others.

The use of the same command can be confirmed by running Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer with Level 3-Device communications events selected. Issue the Scene On through the mobile app and Run Then one of the Programs.

i appears to be using the same communication method. i dont see Level 3-Device communications events only Device communications events.

That is an older level of ISY before they put the 3- back. Does not make any difference. I did not see any FilterLinc listed. If there is other electronic equipment plugged into the same circuit as the PLM the signal from the PLM could be attenuated. The simple test is put the PLM on an extension cord and plug it into a circuit away from the electronic equipment.

That is pushing the limit for a serial port connection. I would try it before physically moving the PLM. May just trade a powerline problem for a serial port problem. Is it not possible to filter other equipment or move the ISY as well. An Ethernet connection can be much longer than a serial port connection.

That is pushing the limit for a serial port connection. I would try it before physically moving the PLM. May just trade a powerline problem for a serial port problem. Is it not possible to filter other equipment or move the ISY as well. An Ethernet connection can be much longer than a serial port connection.

i have the isy and the plm moved to a circuit with nothing on it now for testing. i would rather not keep the isy in this location (the rear of my media room vs. the data closet) but i will test after i validate it is working where it is.

Archived