Wait time shorter that One Second

michel_adw

I use ISY to automatically open and close all shades around the house. The shades are Silhouette type. When fully down the blinds in this type of shades go horizontal which still let some light in. In order to "shut down" a shade it should be lifted up briefely allowing the blinds to shut. I use an ISY program that sends a down command, wait 15 seconds, then an up command, wait One second and then send a stop command. I noticed that waiting 1 sec ( the minimum possible) is allowing the shades to go up more than desired.

Is there a way to make a program wait less than One sec between commands?

here is what I currently use:

If

No Condition

Then

Run program 'Curt Nook DWN' (then path)

Wait 15 seconds

Run program 'Curt Nook UP' (then path)

Wait 1 second

Run Program 'Curt Nook STP' (Then Path)

Else

No Actions

The shades are driven by somfy motors. The control is done by the ISY via an ethernet to serial converter followed by a 16 channels Somfy wireless controler.

I did try not waiting at all without success. I think in this case the serires of commands are sent "so quick" that they are missed by the Somfy motors.

On the other hand, is there a way to make the program/ISY "work" for some time less than one second? Instead of using Wait command, can we stack a series of "dummy" commands that "waste" time for the desired duration? ( a technique used some time in BASIC programing)

The shades are driven by somfy motors. The control is done by the ISY via an ethernet to serial converter followed by a 16 channels Somfy wireless controler.

I did try not waiting at all without success. I think in this case the serires of commands are sent "so quick" that they are missed by the Somfy motors.

On the other hand, is there a way to make the program/ISY "work" for some time less than one second? Instead of using Wait command, can we stack a series of "dummy" commands that "waste" time for the desired duration? ( a technique used some time in BASIC programing)

ISY does get delayed as it executes commands, but I don't know how consistent it will be. You could try having it do some big mathematical formulas using variables and see if you can get a reproducable affect.

A process bound loop is certainly possible but may be problematic for other ISY activity. Although I doubt it would be done many times during a given day. A Repeat For x times statement setting an Integer Variable (not State) in the Repeat scope will produce the loop.

Another alternative is a few X10 Off operations to a house/unit code that does not exist rather than the 1 second wait.

Archived