How to program KeypadLinc 2486DWH6

htjunkie

I just installed ISY99 to my system, I've been using Smarthome X10 devices throughout the house. In the last few years, I have been replaced bad modules to Insteon/X10 version.

I currently have HAI security panel, along with an ACT X10 coupler/repeater. With this new ISY99, I was able to get scenes created within the interface and it found the devices with their model #, very impressive.

I do have a question, all my Insteon KeypadLincs all show up like this:

Switch1

Switch1 - A

Switch1 - B

Switch1 - C

Switch1 - D

I have "Switch1 - A" linked to Switch2, so if I press "Switch1 - A", it will turn on "Switch2". Press again it will turn off "Switch2". Only issue I have is, if I press "Switch2" locally, the status on "Switch1 - A" is not being reflected.

Is that something I need to do when linking these devices? Or I need to write a program so it will update the status?

For programming a specific button, can I just assign say "Switch1 -B" to "Switch3" somewhere in the GUI? Rather than using the linking mode within the switches?

Much appreciate your help.

I have "Switch1 - A" linked to Switch2, so if I press "Switch1 - A", it will turn on "Switch2". Press again it will turn off "Switch2". Only issue I have is, if I press "Switch2" locally, the status on "Switch1 - A" is not being reflected.

It sounds like "Switch1 - A" was added to the ISY Scene as a Controller and "Switch2" was added as a Responder. As a Responder "Switch2" does not control any other device. Remove "Switch2" from the Scene, adding it back as a Controller. That way either device will control the other. The ISY assumes a Controller is also a Responder.

For programming a specific button, can I just assign say "Switch1 -B" to "Switch3" somewhere in the GUI? Rather than using the linking mode within the switches?

I do not understand the question. If “Switch1 – B†is to control “Switch3†both devices should be added to another ISY Scene as Controllers like above.

Thank you, I'm starting to understand the logic, I must be in X10 for the longest time, can't really get a good grip on how to program these Insteon switches, even pairing I don't have much success between switches.

I've attached a screenshot of my lights and scenes so far, at the very top I have a KeypadLinc named:

Basement Ceiling Fixtures

Below that it shows 4 buttons

At the bottom I created a scene for Basement Ceiling Fixtures, then I added the switch below, as well as another Keypad button that I'd like to control the fixtures. Both are set as controllers, am I doing it right?

Or should I be doing something else?

Much appreciate your help.

post-3747-140474155709_thumb.png

Archived