Mobilinc Connection Issue

PalChgo

Hi,

I've been using the android version of mobilinc for a few weeks and its been working great.. However all of the sudden last night it stopped connecting to the isy. I can login via the web both internally and on the external side of things and also get to the admin console. It keeps coming up saying I should check my settings that it can't access the server. I want to say it is communicating and then something midstream seems to be stopping it, I am thinking this because if I change the username or password it comes up and says that I have those incorrect, so I feel confident its getting past the login part... I have the same issue on my phone and my droid tablet. I did test it with the lite version on my Itouch and its working there.. I uninstalled and reinstalled as well and get the same thing.. Any help would be great.

Ok this took me a while but I finally found the problem. If a program has not been saved in the isy and you try to sync mobilinc it seems to be breaking the app. I found one program not saved, once I took care of that all is better.

Hi PalChgo,

I think there might be something else going on. The unsaved program data is stored at the Admin Console level and not in the ISY. Now, if you quit Admin Console, relaunched it, and saw that there was an unsaved program, then that indicates that there was something wrong with the program XML and needed to be corrected by Admin Console by re-saving the data. I'm not 100% sure that describes the problem correctly, but has been my experience.

One question, do you have the ELK module installed? If you do, or did you, have any programs that used ELK items in the program logic?

Wes

Hi Wes,

I'm not 100 percent sure what was going on. I was doing some editing of programs the night before and then the Internet went out so I had rebooted all the lan equipment and such and then later the power went out from some storms. The following morning I could not get mobilinc to talk with isy but I could login with everything else. Thinking maybe it just needed rebooting I unplugged it and then plugged it back in. That didn't work either.. After fooling with it for a while I was sure mobilinc didn't like something as it would recognize when I had the password either wrong or right. I tried the free one for apple and it worked fine so I felt it was the android version specifically.. I kept hitting sync over and over and you could sometimes see how far it was getting and that led me to look at the "programs" page in ISY. I saw one not saved and I had fooled around with it so much I wasn't sure if I had later edited it or not but thinking I rebooted the isy one would think it would not have been to the "needing saving" point if you are following what I am trying to articulate. I saved the only program showing and then it logged right in after that. I did modify a progam just now and did not save and that did not cause ML to not login this time so you may be onto something with its internal database and my internet/rebooting issues from the night before.. So not really sure other than to mention this in case someone else runs into a logging in issue. I'm not running Elk. I have that switch toggled on it the main config and nothing else filled in for it. Mobilinc has been flawless up until that one time. * Note: it would not work with my phone or tablet. (Both Androids)

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the update. My guess is the ISY was sending out something unexpected in the program XML due to the reboot that MobiLinc for Android didn't recognize until the Admin Console was used to "save" the programs and thus overwrote the unexpected data. Once the save was applied the XML returned to an expected state and MobiLinc for Android was happy again. Our XML parser in Android tends to be more strict than the XML parser in iOS.

It would be nice to know what that XML looked like. If this ever happens again, and you'd like to indulge my troubleshooting side, please contact me and we'll dig in to see what's happening while the ISY is sending the unexpected data.

Wes

Archived