problem with outletlinc and isy-26 //status updating

nathanstl

I have a isy 26 that has worked perfectly up until now. I never have had any communication issues in the past. I added an outletlinc outside in a weatherproof recessed box to control my new led low voltage lighting and to power a fountain. I also installed a outdoor appliance linc on the non controlled outlet on the outletlinc so I have basically two controlled outlets outside. The ouletlinc is dual band. Anyway the problem that's been happening is I have a program setup to turn my coach lamps on at sunset and the outletlinc. The coach lamps do just fine and always have and the outletlinc is off the garage, but they never turn on with the program. The ISY status shows on. My mobilinc app on the iphone says status on, but they never are. What's different about this problem is I don't think it's a communication issue because it always works when I turn it on or off manually through mobilinc or isy administration screen. I can turn it on and off 20 times and it works perfectly every time. I've tried setting up a scheduled program that sends the on command to both separately and I've also tried setting up a scene that has both the coach lamps and the outletlinc included. Neither works from the schedule. Any ideas where to start for troubleshooting? Thanks.

If the modules are new. They are almost guaranteed to be the Insteon I2CS firmware and needs the latest 3.2.6 ISY firmware. I believe strangeness in Scenes is one symptom. Unfortunately the ISY26 can't be updated to that version.

Ok. I wasn't aware of that. So are you guys saying the only fix is to upgrade to isy99? Thanks for the quick responses btw. I always thought about upgrading to the isy99, but really never noticed a huge difference in functionality. Also just a quick recommendation please.... If i'm considering changing my controller; is there any advantage to going to houselinc instead of the isy99? Thanks.

Two totally different animals. HouseLinc requires a PC running 24/7. HouseLinc has a nice communications test. Does not tell you why but does do a good job of showing what is not working. Things like ZigBee, Zwave (future) will likely never be supported by HouseLinc. I think the Programming capability of the ISY is much more extensive than HouseLinc.

I don't like the idea that my house would be dependent on the PC running 24/7. I do run one 24/7, just don't want my house dependent on it.

Thanks. Just ordered my isy994i. Looking forward to all the new updates. Hopefully it works with a mac a little better than the isy26.

I have been running my ISY-99 with my MAC's for several years now with no complaints. I download ISY firmware images with Firefox rather than Safari and choose "Save" when prompted to "Open or Save" the download.

-Xathros

Well I migrated over to the isy994, but no change. Status seems to be better, but when the program turns on the lights it doesn't turn on the outletlinc even though the isy994 thinks it is on and shows it as on. Again I don't think this is a communication error due to manual testing working perfect. I will say the isy994 is much faster at programming scenes and writing changes. Any other ideas where to start my troubleshooting?

Was the OutletLinc Deleted and added under 3.2.6 and any Scenes containing the OutletLinc created under 3.2.6? This is necessary for an I2CS device to be set up correctly.

Run Help | About. Be sure the Firmware and UI lines are both there and both indicate 3.2.6.

How is the OutletLinc being controlled, Direct or Scene?

Thanks. It was controlled by a scene. Deleting the device which was added back on my isy26 and re linking it with the ISY994 did the trick. I wonder if I should do this with all the devices or is it just important for the new firmware devices. The outletlinc is the first new device I've bought in a over a year. Thanks for your help.

Archived