Problems linking new Remotelinc

mdyod

... still get "Insteon UD99 v2.8.16" :cry:

I really hope we can work around this - I really need this exam room :?

THANKS for sticking with me... :wink:

Are you getting 2.6.18 for both lines now ? or do you still see 3.2.6 for the UI ? If 2.6.18 on both then we are making progress in the right direction.

Don't worry, we will get this figured out.

-Xathros

It may, but, it is likely not necessary to solve your original problem. The important thing is that the firmware version and the user interface versions match exactly otherwise you will get unexpected results in unpredictable ways as we have seen already with the traces LeeG asked for. If you plan to add any of the newer Insteon devices that use the new I2CS protocol, you will need to upgrade the firmware and UI before you will be able to use those newer devices with the ISY. At this point, lets just get what you already have back to working order.

If your FW and UI versions are now both saying 2.6.18, then we have solved the first part of the puzzle and you can resume trying to link your new Remotelinc and update your other 2 devices. Please run a trace at Level 3 and post the trace of that for LeeG to review in case of link / update failures.

-Xathros

Are you getting 2.6.18 for both lines now ? no

or do you still see 3.2.6 for the UI ? yes

Don't worry, we will get this figured out. - THANKS!!!

OK. Your Java cache is not clearing or the link you are using is pulling a 3.2.6 console from somewhere other than your ISY.

Do you have another user account on your PC ? If so, log out of yours and into the other account and try to access the ISY at http:///admin and see what we get for FW/UI versions. Again replace with the actual IP address of your ISY.

What are the first 2 sections of the ISY's IP ? 192.168 ?

-Xathros

Do you have another user account on your PC ? If so, log out of yours and into the other account and try to access the ISY - I tried on a different computer - same results i will try logging out later when i get time

What are the first 2 sections of the ISY's IP ? 192.168 ? Yes 192.168.1.111

I must point out when i open admin console using the http:///admin method all i get is listed 2.8.16 one time - I see no listing for the admin console version should i try the event viewer level 3 just to see if it works?

I would post pictures of the 2 screens but i'm not sure how to do it here..

Sorry to be so long but im doing this between seeing patients..

I tried on a different computer - Versions still don't match

Here's what i get in the log level 3

Wed 06/20/2012 09:32:44 PM : [13 4 56 1 ] Using engine version i1 for 'Ex4 Light'

Wed 06/20/2012 09:32:44 PM : [13 4 56 1 ] Link 5 : 0FD0 [220613EBFF001F00] Writing [22..............]

Wed 06/20/2012 09:33:01 PM : [13 4 56 1 ] Link 5 : 0FD0 [220613EBFF001F00] *Failed Writing [22..............]

So long as the UI (Admin Console) is 3.2.6 and the ISY is 2.8.16 no need to run any tests. The last trace did not work any better than any of the other attempts with the same mismatch.

Since forum assistance is not making any progress I suggest opening a ticket with UDI so they can remote into you system and clean it up.

Archived