Tips for linking 1 RemoteLinc 2 switch to 3 KPL buttons?

Tmc

I have a KPL linked to my FanLinc using Scenes such that buttons A, B, and C control Low, Medium, and High fan speeds. The Scenes (Fan Low, Fan Med, Fan High) nicely make the buttons mutually exclusive, and any to off turns the fan off.

I would now like to use one switch of the 4 available on my RemoteLinc 2 to somehow be able to sequence through the 3 fan speeds and off. I'm guessing there is a clever program, or set of programs, that could do this.

I've searched the forum and haven't found anything similar yet. Does anyone know if this has been previously covered? Better yet, does any clever person have some program suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

-Tim

This is one approach. There would be three more Programs to check for, If Status Low go to Med, If Status Med go to High, If Status High go to Off.

The If is set to react to either an On or Off from the Remotelinc2 button.

If
       (
            Control 'RemoteLinc2 - 8 Toggle- B / RemoteLinc2 - 8 Toggle- A' is switched On
         Or Control 'RemoteLinc2 - 8 Toggle- B / RemoteLinc2 - 8 Toggle- A' is switched Off
       )
   And Status  'FanLinc I2CS-Motor' is Off

Then
       Set Scene 'SceneFanLincLow' On

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Thank you Lee. I will try that tonight.

Maybe you can answer another question. The scenes I have set up match those you suggested in your response in the following post:

Post subject: Re: KeypadLinc grouping problem by LeeG Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:40 pm

If I use my MobiLinc or the Admin Console to set SceneFanLincMed to On when SceneFanLincLow is already On, the fan responds properly, but the KPL Low button light doesn't go out. The buttons work mutually exclusive when activated from the KPL, but not if I set the Scene from elsewhere. Will I have the same problem with the program you suggested for the RemoteLinc?

Thanks,

-Tim

You will need a KeypadLinc with v.40 firmware and the Responder On Levels for the Scene name have to be set correctly. The Scene name Responder On Level values are not the same as the KeypadLinc Button as Controller Responder On Level values. Click the Scene name and check those Responder On Level values for the correct 0% On Level settings.

If the KeypadLinc is not v.40 (or above) then ISY Programs are needed to manage the Secondary Button LEDs that must be turned Off. Without KeypadLinc v.40 firmware it is not possible to turn Off a Secondary KeypadLinc button LED (0% On Level) with an On command.

Okay, I'm bummed, my KPL is v.39.

However: I've read your prior posts to others and think I have the concept now of creating a scene for each button and having a program set the button scene to off when another button is activated.

So this is what I programmed:

If
       (
            (
                 Control 'His Bedside Control - B' is switched On
              Or Control 'Her Bedside Control - B' is switched On
            )
        And Status  'FanLinc-Motor' is Off
       )
    Or (
            (
                 Control 'His Bedside Control - B' is switched Off
              Or Control 'Her Bedside Control - B' is switched Off
            )
        And Status  'FanLinc-Motor' is Med
       )

Then
       Set 'FanLinc-Motor' Low
       Set Scene 'Fan Light KPL Button A' On
       Set Scene 'Fan Light KPL Button B' Off
       Set Scene 'Fan Light KPL Button C' Off

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Three more similar programs are needed for the other positions of the sequence.

Other than it is very slow for the exclusive button lights to extinguish, maybe 2-3 seconds, it works wonderfully. Each press of 'On' of the RemoteLinc 2 button steps through the Low, Med, High, Off sequence. Pressing the 'Off' of the same button steps through the sequence in reverse.

Thank you for your help.

-Tim

Archived