Program Question

jmed999

I'm trying to turn my landscape lights on 30 minutes before sunset and have then turn off at a certain time. But I want them to dim from 100% to 50% at 10PM. This is what I have so far...

If

On Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu

From Sunset - 30 minutes

To 10:30:00PM (same day)

Or On Sat, Fri

From Sunset - 30 minutes

To 1:00:00AM (next day)

Then

Set '05.D0.EB.1' On

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

What do I need to add to get then to dim at 10PM???

Thanks!

If
       Time is 10:00:00PM

Then
       Set '05.D0.EB.1' 50%

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The above is a separate Program. Ifs cannot be nested.

To turn the lights Off add this to the Else of your posted Program

Set '05.D0.EB.1' Off

Do I need to change my first program such that the lights turn off at 9:59? If not, it seems like both programs would be running at the same time after 10PM...one telling it to run at 100% and one telling it to run at 50%. What am I missing?

When using a From/To time range the If is True once at the From time which drives the Then clause once and False once at the To time which drives the Else clause once. The Program is not running at any other time.

Your posted Program If is True at Sunset -30 minutes which runs the Then clause once, turning the lights On to 100%. At 10:30 PM or 1:00 AM the If is False which runs the Else clause once.

My posted Program is True at 10:00 PM which runs the Then clause once to dim the lights to 50%.

Also be sure to understand that:

The From/To programs only run twice (once at "from" time, once at "to" time) if the "if" clause doesn't have any other trigger statements.

So, if you are adding other conditions to the "if" clause, realize that they may also trigger the program to run at other times, which can cause conflicts like you mentioned. For example, if you had:

If

status of light "a" is off

and

From 8 am

to 9 am

Then

Set light b on

Else

Set light b off

anytime the status of light a changes the program will run either the "then" or "else" in addition to the 8am and 9am runs.

Archived