Insteon Wireless Thermostast 2441ZTH

Teken

Wow this looks promising, I am already thinking of getting one for every room in the house for just $79 to report the temperature & humidity to my Venstar thermostats.

Michel, you can drop the energy monitor & it's issues trying to get temp reading out of it as discussed in other threads. This one looks like the way to go.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I hope Smarthome can clarify the users manuals.

It says can be powered by external 5 volts but does not show where or how to connect it.

Like all the other battery run devices. It goes to sleep and periodically wakes up if not on an external 5 volt supply.

The Internal Photos in the FCC Database do show a 4 position terminal block on the rear inside case. When closed it mates with a 4 position header. Maybe that is where the external power can be added.

The preliminary manual also mentioned a 2433A3 Waterproof External Temperature Probe but I did not see any mention of that in the manuals either.

I hope Smarthome can clarify the users manuals.

It says can be powered by external 5 volts but does not show where or how to connect it.

Like all the other battery run devices. It goes to sleep and periodically wakes up if not on an external 5 volt supply.

The Internal Photos in the FCC Database do show a 4 position terminal block on the rear inside case. When closed it mates with a 4 position header. Maybe that is where the external power can be added.

The preliminary manual also mentioned a 2433A3 Waterproof External Temperature Probe but I did not see any mention of that in the manuals either.

A better picture and explanation is tied to the remote sensor. Here is the picture which shows that the wireless TSTAT can accept one remote sensor and the 5 VDC power supply.

Teken . . .

post-2329-140474156134_thumb.png

Found this in the QS guide; Link INSTEON Wireless Thermostat to INSTEON Thermostat to provide a portable thermostat wherever you want

temperature control. You can add up to two INSTEON Wireless Thermostats to an INSTEON Thermostat.

Found this in the QS guide; Link INSTEON Wireless Thermostat to INSTEON Thermostat to provide a portable thermostat wherever you want

temperature control. You can add up to two INSTEON Wireless Thermostats to an INSTEON Thermostat.

I already have 5 T1800 thermostats along with the Energy Monitors. I will see how this new device pans out just in case there are problems with comm issues as there have been for every other Insteon TSTAT. :roll:

More than likely I will be moving away from these devices and rely solely upon my 1 wire Brultech system. This allows me one single interface, less mounting clutter, and almost zero power consumption.

Teken . . .

Hi Teken,

How do u use the 5 stats? Are they all actually connected to HVAC systems or u use some of them only as additional temp sensors?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Hello hbsh01,

I have four placed in various parts of the home which are being powered by 24 VAC transformers. The 5th one which is intended for the homes HVAC has not yet been installed due to time constraints.

All of the units have the humidity sensor installed and my intent was / is to use them to control various fans, exhaust, roller blinds, to control the temperature through out various zones in the home.

I did this because there wasn't anything else out from Insteon that would allow me such feed back / support from UDI.

As far as I am aware UDI has not, and more than likely will not support the temperature reading / polling from the Energy Monitor. Which I just recently was able to acquire three for $19.00 a piece! :mrgreen:

The goal of the Energy Monitor was to allow me the same level of temperature reading / control but the UDI team have expressed problems in interfacing with the product etc. :cry: The other reason I wanted to go this route is that it was powered by batteries which would have allowed more flexibility in placement and reduce my power consumption.

As a data point for others who own the T1700, 1800, 1900 series TSTATS. These devices at idle consume 2 watts, when heat / cool is called upon the unit consumes 11 watts. With five of these units in my home that would have been 55 watts total being called upon for no good reason.

It would defeat the whole purpose, and end goal, of being energy efficient and green! :evil: Anyways, my new goal is to use the new Brultech GEM module to monitor 32 electrical circuits, eight 1 wire temperature, and water / gas all from the convenience of one portal / device.

The beauty about the 1 wire system is that all I have to do is install a small sensor probe into any area with out it being even noticed. All the while consuming no more than 5-10 mA so that is win in my mind. :mrgreen: More than likely I will still keep the other four units in place as the 1 wire device can not send any control signals to Insteon devices such as the fans, exhaust, roller shades etc.

Teken . . .

Archived