Momentary on for relay

bitboy53

The ISY does not have function to set the EZIOxx options such as the output timer values.

There is a free Utility download from Simplehomenet which can set those options. It requires a PLM for powerline communication.

Or as you suggested, turn On the Output, Wait 1 second, turn Off the Output.

Can you be more specific on the utility? The list is shown below. Which one is it?

Thank you!

John

Software Utilities, API's, and Tutorials <--click for more files

Of Groups and Links... 10/21/07 - Tutorial on the basics of Insteon All-Link (Group) messaging

SimpleHomeNet Utility Suite 5/7/11 - Supports the EZIComm and Smarthome PLM (#2412 or #2413) Windows XP Setup and configuration utility for all devices. Thanks to Lee Griffith for adding PLM support and contributing this version compatible with EZSrve 2.xx. Download ZIP File

EZSrve Discovery and software upgrade tool 6/10/10 - V2.0 Java utility that discovers the EZSrve in your network, facilitates the software upgrade process, and allows for backing up and restoring files, independently of operating system or browser. The Java JRE must be installed in your machine and firewalls must be open for it to run.

Harmony Gateway/Platinum Discovery and software upgrade tool Java utility that discovers the Harmony Gateway and Harmony Platinum in your network, facilitates the software upgrade process, and allows for backing up and restoring files, independently of operating system or browser. The Java JRE must be installed in your machine and firewalls must be open for it to run.

HarmonyGUI AIR The Downloadable version of the HarmonyGUI will be available when the application has completed the BETA phase.

EZSrve Live Demo with Beta preview of the new HarmonyGUIâ„¢ Flash Interface 9/24/09 - Login to an EZSrve in our office (or your own), and see the functionality and ease of use for yourself! First go to http://www.compacta.org then enter the local IP of your EZSrve or "98.189.165.252" with the password: Simplehomenet if you are trying ours. Once the application initializes, it runs entirely in your local machine interacting with the connected EZSrve. PLEASE NOTE THIS SOFTWARE WILL ONLY RUN WITH EZSRVE FIRMWARE 2.05 AND ABOVE.

EZSrve API INSTEON & X10 API

ZBPCID API 6/26/12 - API for ZigBee commands for USB-CID and ZBPLM

ZBPLM Docklight Script 3/2/11 - ZBPLM_Parser.ptp file to open ZBPLM for programming

First off...thanks again for helping a newby get started

Here is what I did so far:

#1 Downloaded the simplehomenet utility

#2 Connected ther PLM to my serial port

#3 Ran the Utility and connected with the PLM

#4 Clicked on the EZIOx tab

#5 entered the ID# for my EXIO4 module and connected to it

#6 Told it to enable the timers in sec

#7 Wrote to the EXIO4 module

#8 exited the utlity and connected my PLM back up to the 99i and opened the admin console

Nothing has changed!

I was expecting to see some timer controls for the EXIO4 module but nothing was there to change the output timer other than on/off

What am I missing

That is a really great job. The only thing missing is setting the actual timer values. In addition to setting the Configuration Register to Set Timers In Seconds the Output Timers have to be set using the SHN Utility Suite as well. There will be no change in anything the ISY displays. The ISY has no function for setting (or displaying) the Output Timer values.

You are very welcome. A pleasure working with you.

Note that if it is ever necessary to do a Restore Device with the ISY the Configuration Register will have to be set again with the SHN Utility as the ISY will not preserve the Set Timers to Seconds setting.

Also the EZIOxx Outputs work like the I/O Linc Relay. When an Output is turned Off with the Timers the EZIOxx does not report that change back to the ISY. The Output will show On even though the Output was turned Off with the Timer.

Archived