New iOS App Features

ngeren

What's everyones take on a free ISY native iOS app? I'm not one to recreate the wheel, but what I've found is either pricey (and ugly), or limited. Given the REST API, and being a software developer, this would be a rather trivial exercise. Since you are the subject matter experts, hit me with your comments, suggestions, features, love and/or hate. Go!

I feel that the more options we have, the better. There are already a few iOS apps out there now though none are free. I use Mobilinc which IS a paid app. I feel that I got my money's worth out of it's functionality and there is very little I haven't been able to accomplish with it.

Again, I'm all for inexpensive/free options and I for one will be happy to look at and test whatever you come up with.

-Xathros

Thanks for the feedback! I did see Mobilinc, but I'm not a big fan of the interface (or the free version having such limited functionality). I'd like to build layout support for both iPhone/iPad resolution, as well as the iPad, for I feel the user experience could be much richer, given the additional screen real estate.

Thanks for the feedback! I did see Mobilinc, but I'm not a big fan of the interface (or the free version having such limited functionality). I'd like to build layout support for both iPhone/iPad resolution, as well as the iPad, for I feel the user experience could be much richer, given the additional screen real estate.

Once I receive my new iPhone 5. I will be more than happy to Beta test for you and supply constructive feed back. Having more options is always better than none! :mrgreen: What were some of your key elements you wanted to improve upon?

Teken . . .

I also thought they where a little too pricey, especially considering how rarely I would use them and my personal involvement in the web interface.

Ad-supported or completely free?

What's you thoughts on open source? (just curious, I can't work on iOS apps because I don't have a apple computer.)

I always love to see free apps, honestly I am not sure how often I would use it though.

Thanks,

Nick

I don't think iOS would support this (probably best for android) but my dream app would create a resizable widget that emulates a keypadlinc. This would include real-time status, toggle modes, etc. I want to use tablets as controllers at various places throughout the house, and don't want to have to go through multiple steps to turn a light on or off.

Archived