DO 5 Amp filterlinc work with INTSEON?

jmed999

FilterLincs that support Insteon come in 5 and 10 amp variants. I use the 5 amp variant on a TV and the small UPS devices scattered around the house. The 10 amp variant supports a large UPS and other PC and telecom equipment. What is the item number of the FilterLinc in question?

Who knows! They don't even provide a Smarthome item number. The FilterLinc function prevents noise from reaching the powerline at the X10 frequency and prevents the X10 signal from being attenuated. The Insteon and X10 frequencies are close enough that it probably works. Purchase at your own risk.

A few months ago someone was selling the plugin SignaLincs with the black external antenna. They are the predecessor to Access Points. They do not work with any of the current RF devices and do not couple Extended messages. Useless in today’s Insteon but I’m sure someone purchased them.

The FilterLinc sales page on the Smarthome site shows both X10 and Insteon.

The 5 amp FilterLinc is basically a 10 amp one with a smaller internal fuse. From all I could determine comparing a 10 and 5 amp models insides.

1626 is the 5 amp version of the FilterLinc and is what is showing on the Amazon web page you linked to.

1626-10 is the 10 amp version and the only one Smarthome now sells.

Archived