Remotelinc Labels

jmed999

Yes, but because I have to. I was looking for a method of printing for kpl buttons a few years ago and I came across a thread in the smarthome forum of someone using these http://www.papilio.com/white%20inkjet%20waterslide%20decal%20transfer%20paper%20media.html which are inkjet white water slide decals. Since they are water slide I have to spray them after printing and before cutting and wetting with a clear acrylic coat. Then after they dry on the buttons another coat or two is applied.

Its kind of a pain and a long drawn out process, but the results are very nice. I asked about the clear coat because I am looking for a quicker, easier method of making the labels.

• 7 months later...

I have a P-touch printer that hooks up to my Mac (or PC). I can customize labels using images and I create a label with a small picture (fan or light) with speeds or on/off. I can print the text vertically in small font to fit more information on a button but I found a large "H", "M", or "L" for speeds is easier to see.

I am working on customized images themselves depicting the function without words using different color tapes and various images. They are self laminating so they hold up quite well. The 3/8" tapes fit nicely on the remotelinc 2. The P-touch model I am using is the PT-2730 which also came with a P-touch editor for the Mac to make the custom labels and print right from the Mac. It works quite nicely. I'll have to take some pictures.

I have that P-touch as well - but have not used it for ages. Thanks for the tip - I need to dig it out.

If I remember correctly, they make clear tape for it as well (with black 'ink'). That would be perfect as an overlay on blank buttons.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Archived