Thoughts on a two scene insteon control

Eclypse

I have a fan and lamp both controlled from one wall switch using X10 that I would like to switch to insteon. These switches are in my kids rooms. The Leviton two scene switches send on and off command to a x10 outlet or inline x10 module. I have been slowly migrating my x10 stuff to insteon but some devices are more difficult to migrate. :?:

I have looked at the Fanlinc and the reviews on how it controls the motor make me reluctant to purchase.

I had hoped the remotelinc might be a solution but I never liked the idea of having to change batteries.

any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated and welcome.

Does the original X10 setup turn them On and off or also dim the lights and change the fans speeds?

The Levitons are powered by AC and you may want to look at a KeypadLinc.

Then an OutletLinc for your X10 controlled outlet and an InlineLinc {relay or Dimmer} for the fixture module.

There is no fan speed control with current setup. I looked at the keypadlincs it just seems like overkill. There was one post somewhere that mentioned double taps to a switchlinc, but I can't find it. I am also not sure how well something like that can work.

There is no fan speed control with current setup.

If you don't care about speed control, you could simply use an inlinelinc relay to control the fan. Unfortunately, I still cannot think of a two-device/scene insteon switch. I believe you will be limited to a keypad if you want to control more than one device (fan AND lights) from a single wall box.

FWIW: The Remotelinc 2 has an internal LiOn battery that charges via a micro USB connection on the bottom. A single charge should last nearly a year.

Batteries are really not an issue with these.

-Xathros

Archived