Mobilinc device list does not display one device

algrenier

Very new to ISY and Mobilinc! Have a list of about 70 controllers under "network" in my admin console. worked with Mobilinc support on a couple of issues but one has not been resolved. Have a device named "Als CLOSET SWL TIMER" and a device named "Als OFFICE SL RELAY" Each of these devices displays #2 thru #5 additional copies for a total of 10 entries. These are the only devices that do not show up in Mobilinc in either my Droid or using the HTML browser. The support at Mobilinc suggested New profile and resync, change original naming from AL'S... to Als thought that maybe the apostrophe was a problem all to no avail.

I do not know if this is related but if I highlight "Als CLOSET SWL TIMER" in the admin console the screen does not show the usual controls for on and off but it does report status "sort of" if I turn it on and off manually at the switch. It does not report off when the timer times out. The "Als OFFICE SL RELAY" Does seem to report on and off correctly when these switches are activated manually. I do still have my HouseLinc software running and I do note that the UD Admin console does not report on and off activity when I use Houselinc to turn these switches on and off?

post-4354-140474157081_thumb.jpg

algrenier

What does the Admin Console in the right pane show for the device type and firmware level for Als CLOSET SWL TIMER

What does the Admin Console in the right pane show for the device type and firmware level for Als OFFICE SL RELAY

Turning a device On/Off with HouseLinc does not cause result in a message being sent to the ISY PLM so there would not be a change in status.

Having two HA Applications (HouseLinc and ISY) is asking for problems. The ISY is not aware of the link management changes HouseLinc is making. There will be issues where link records are overlaid and deleted when using multiple HA Applications

LeeG

Thanks for the info.

I have attached screen shots of the left and right panels for the 2 subject switches.

I was quite sure that I should not have two HA systems running and will turn off my HouseLinc.

I am not yet ready to program my automatic actions in the UD Isy application as I still have a lot of clean up to do as when I had the network spidered it creates many scenes that don't make sense and as yet I am not sure but think I may want to delete all the scenes and start fresh in the ISY. If I do that will the removal of the scenes in the admin panel remove the links from my all on and all off whole house and subset scenes?

post-4354-140474157084_thumb.jpg

post-4354-140474157087_thumb.jpg

Doing a Delete Scene only affects the links that were established to support the deleted Scene. It should have no affect on other Scenes. Be careful though, the next time HouseLinc runs and finds what to it are missing links a device sync will bring them back.

I have removed the Insteon Power Link Modem From my computer so the Houselinc software can no longer communicate with the devices. I have taken the leap to full conversion, Now I have some programming to do and figure out how get to my irrigation control via the EZlora controller. Hopefully I can control each watering zone with a direct program in the ISY rather than call out a second program in the EZFlora utilities.

Thanks for the help

algrenier

The Als CLOSET SWL TIMER and Als OFFICE SL RELAY devices are defined as a ControLinc.

Are these devices really a ControLinc? The names SWL TIMER and SL RELAY seem odd to assign to buttons on a ControLinc.

These devices do not have the normal On and Off buttons in the right pane because they are Controller Only devices which cannot be turned On or Off. The Current State column simply reflects the last command received from the respective button. That is, was the On or Off side of the respective button pressed.

LeeG

I think you have found something but not sure I understand the significance completely. I did look at other switchlinc timers and switchlinc relays on my network and they all seem to have the proper device definition.

I do not know how these got defined as control links.

What do you suggest as the best way to correct this. Maybe delete and re-add ?

Do you think this may also be the cause of their absence in the Mobilinc device list?

Thanks

They do have to be Deleted and added back. The device type cannot be changed after it has been added to the ISY. Note the Insteon Address before Deleting. Also note any Scenes the device is in as they will have to be added back to the Scene(s) after adding them back to the ISY.

Use New INSTEON Device, enter the Insteon Address, Name of your choice, and leave the Device Type set at Auto Discover.

I think they will be listed in MobiLinc once they have been defined with the correct device type. I do not use MobiLinc. There may need to be a resync to some such to get the MobiLinc to pull the new device definitions.

Archived