Can no longer sync or use Mobilinc HD on iPod Touch

wwat

ISY 3.2.6

When Mobilinc is opened there are no favorites or devices and I'm prompted with the following message:

Network Error

There was a problem sending the request.

please verify the connection settings in My Settings and try again.

Error code: 200.

Error Message: The request timed out.

I checked the settings and everything seems fine, nothing changed recently.

Looking at the firewall log it appears that Mobilinc is making some contact with ISY.

IP addresses are all correct.

I tried changing the password in Mobilinc to an incorrect password to see if it prompted my

to enter the correct one, but it didn't.

Not sure where to go from here.

Your help appreciated. Thanks Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Are you using MobiLinc Connect our cloud based service for the ISY? If not, then any error you get is almost always due to a mismatch in settings....or the iPod is on a neighbors Wi-Fi network and the external address isn't configured.

A couple of options to troubleshoot:

1. I would recommend setting up and using MobiLinc Connect. You don't have to worry about settings with MobiLinc Connect. As long as your iPod and ISY can both see the internet, then they can talk to each other meeting in our cloud servers.

2. Create a new profile in MobiLinc under My Settings->Active Profile. If the iPod can "see" your ISY it'll popup with a prompt for the username and password.

3. Double-Check your current settings against your ISY and verify your iPod is on your Wi-Fi network and can browse to your favorite websites:

- IP

- Port

- Username

- Password

Wes

• 2 weeks later...

Just to close the loop on this, it turned out that there were some router/firewall settings getting in the way between the wireless devices on the network and the ISY. We were able to get it working using the external IP address as a workaround while Wayne investigates the firewall and network rules.

Wes

Hi Wes,

Thanks for you help Wes, I hadn't forgotten about closing the loop on this thread. Its still unclear what the issue was and I haven't yet gone

through the process of recreating the hardware firewall configuration to find out exactly why it occured. The actual rules are not the problem

but there may be another setting that was causing it. However, my money is on some type of configuration corruption because the iPod Touch

was working through this firewall for some time before it stopped working and none of the actual rules had been changed.

Michel was kind enough to spend an hour online with me which helped hone in on the issues. He also found some issue with https access to the ISY

which he was able to correct through the Manage SSL Certificates app. He didn't explain what he corrected but I'm now able to access the ISY via

https.

Regards, Wayne

Archived