Scenes not working properly after PLM change!

keribi

After Hurricane Sandy knocked out our power for a few days my 3+ year old 2412S PLM died. I purchased a new 2413S PLM V1.7 and used the (How to Replace a PLM) thread in the forum. The restore process worked without a glitch. But now my scenes are not working properly. I have a scene with 6 devices (icon lamplincs) if i trigger the scene on all devices show status on, if i query the scene only 4 devices show status on. I have no communication problems in my entire insteon network, all devices query just fine. My system worked flawlessly before this PLM changeout. What could be causing this issue?

ISY99ir

V3.3.3

Run Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer at Level 3.

Turn the Scene On through the Admin Console since that is the aspect that is in question (or perhaps from a Program which is the same thing as using the Admin Console). A message (along with a few others) that looks like this will be displayed in the Event Viewer window. The value 1D is the ISY Scene number. It will be something different on your system for your Scene.

Thu 11/08/2012 10:40:06 PM : [iNST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 00 00 1D CF 11 00

Now do a Show Device Links Table for one of the devices that does not respond to the Scene. There should be link record that looks like this

A2 1D xx.xx.xx FF 1F 01

Where xx.xx.xx is the Insteon address of the new PLM and the second byte (1D) matches the ISY Scene number from the Scene On command that was traced on your system. The FF and 1F could be different depending on the Responder On Level and Ramp Rate for that device. Does not matter unless the FF byte is 00 which is Off.

If that link record is not there or has the old PLM address try a Restore Device. If that does not get the correct link record restored Delete the device from the Scene and add it back.

If the link record is there, there is a comm. problem with the device

When I do a device links table on the non responding devices there is only one line in the viewer

0 : 0FF8 : 00 00 1E.47.21 00 00 00

When I do the same for a responding device I see 3 lines in the viewer

0 : 0FF8 : A2 00 1E.47.21 FF 1F 00

1 : 0FF0 : A2 14 1E.47.21 FF 1F 01

2 : 0FE8 : 00 00 00.00.00 00 00 00

This is an End Of List link record (00 in first byte).

0 : 0FF8 : 00 00 1E.47.21 00 00 00

Do a Restore Device.

You can see what the ISY thinks should be there by clicking on Compare after the Show completes or do a Show ISY Links Table for the device

I added the non responding devices to the scene and restored them all is working. One of the devices has the old PLM address in the viewer and I cant seem to get rid of it by re adding and restoring the device. Here is the table

0 : 0FF8 : A2 00 1E.47.21 FF 1F 00

1 : 0FF0 : A2 05 0C.4A.9A 00 1F 00 (old PLM)

2 : 0FE8 : A2 06 0C.4A.9A FF 1F 00 (old PLM)

3 : 0FE0 : A2 14 1E.47.21 FF 1F 01

4 : 0FD8 : A2 26 1E.47.21 00 1F 00

5 : 0FD0 : A2 27 1E.47.21 FF 1F 00

6 : 0FC8 : 00 00 00.00.00 00 00 00

How do I remove the old PLM links?

Compare is identical.

Does it matter if the old PLM links are there?

Thanks for all the help!

You're welcome. If a Restore Device does not eliminate and the Compare shows them as expected the only way I know of is to Delete the device and add it back. Then add it to the Scenes.

I don't think it will hurt anything with them there but I don't like to leave behind link records that are wrong.

Just one more question! Should the ISY link table "always" match the device link table? I notice mismatches in some of my devices. Resetting the device does not always cure the mismatch! I am guessing that at one time the device was linked without the ISY knowing about the link. Just would like some clarification on this mystery!

The ISY Links Table and the Device Links Table should be the same. Depending on the ISY level being used the End Of List link record (00 in first byte) in the Device Links Table will be flagged with some words indicating there is not a match in the ISY Links Table. This is normal as the ISY Links Table does not carry the End of List indication. At 3.3.3 (don't know when this change was made) the ISY Links Table now shows an End Of List record so the two lists look the same. I suspect the internal ISY Links Table really does not carry a physical End of List record, only displays one to match the Device Links Table display.

Other than the End of List record the two displays should be the same.

EDIT: linking the device outside of the ISY will create a mismatch.

Archived