Node ID address in custom email notifications

paw

Hello.

I'm a new owner of Insteon products and the ISY-994i; I've had the system up and running for about a month, and continue to add components and to create additional automation programs. Many of my newbie questions have been answered by searching around in this forum. Thanks.

One of the automation tasks I wanted this system to do was to turn off all my wifi access points and AirPlay (Airport Express) devices when no one is home, and to turn them back on when someone returns home. On rare occasions, there is one (appliance linc) device that misses the turn-off or turn-on command, and thus remains ON when away, or OFF when home.

So I've written a customized email notification to tell me, when the wifi devices are not all off or not all on, the status of each device of interest, using this:

${sys.node.xx xx xx 1.name}: ${sys.node.xx xx xx 1.ST}

For the most part, the notification was working fine.

I get the name of device, followed by a bunch of "����" (which I understand is a bug for reporting absolute ON/OFF states), and the status "ON" or "OFF".

However, there was always one node that did not return its name or status value:

${sys.node.1E DE 0F 1.name}: ${sys.node.1E DE 0F 1.ST}

returned:

node[1E DE 0F 1]: node[1E DE 0F 1]

I was baffled, as I made absolutely sure I typed the device address correctly, with all the correct spacing and punctuation. No luck.

Then just recently, I had the event viewer level 3 window open, and I did a query of the scene containing all of my wifi devices. When it came to "1E DE 0F 1", I noticed that the system was reporting "1E DE F 1" instead! The ZERO before the "F" in the ID address was omitted. So I went back to my custom notification and removed the ZERO before the "F" for that node, and now it is working properly as expected.

SO, my question here is, when using node ID addresses in programs or custom notifications, if a ZERO precedes a character, or that ZERO is the first character of the address ID group, is the ZERO omitted? For example, node "uv wx yz" where u, w, or y = "0", then omit u, w, or y in the program?

Archived