KPL won't program a device???

vbsafire1

I have an Insteon wall outlet. I have china cabinet light plugged into the outlet. I have repeatedly tried to program one of the buttons on the KPL to operate it and it will not. Am I missing something with the wall outlet device? I can turn on the device by way of the computer but not buy the button on the KPL. Confused.

Is this an OutletLinc Dimmer?

Verify an ISY Scene defined, KeypadLinc button x (?) is Controller and OutletLinc is Responder.

EDIT: when turning the OutletLinc On from the Admin Console does the cabinet light actually turn On? If so click the KeypadLinc button name below the Scene name and check the OutletLinc Responder On Level to be sure it is not set to 0%.

Thanks for the response Lee. No the outlet linc is not a dimmer. I have KeypadLinc button H as the controller and outletlinc as the responder.

Yes, when I turn on the Outletlinc from the Admin Console. The light goes on and when I click on the KPL name the on level remains at0%

When the KeypadLinc button H node name listed below the Scene name is selected what is the slider set to that represents the OutletLinc. It sounds like the slider is set to 0% when it should be set to 100%. A slider set to 0% actually turns the OutletLinc Off when the KPL button is pressed On.

One other interesting thing. I can control the light on the Universal Console under the regular device setting but not from when I put it in a scene linked to the KPL. If I try and turn on the light through the scene the KPL button lights up but the actual light does not. If I go directly to the outletlinc not in the scene I can turn the lght on and off.

It is looking more and more like a communications problem with the OutletLinc location.

Right click the ISY Scene name, select Diagnostics | Scene Test. What are the results?

Are there Access Points installed on opposite 120v legs and do they pass the 4 tap Set button test that verifies they are in RF range of each other and on opposite 120v legs.

Archived