15 Devices won't communicate

CopyRon

Installed a new 2477D in my bedroom today because of flickering light.

Seems it took care of that issue.

However I can't add it to my ISY (can't determine insteon engine) and since then devices have been dropping out of the ISY (can't communicate).

I have moved my PLM all over to see if it's a powerline issue, but I can't add a device plugged into the same outlet as the PLM.

Any ideas?

This number went over 30, every time I would get a device back others would fail, mostly KPLs.

Appears it was an old X10 transceiver that was causing interference.

I had 2 devices in one outlet, on a Y extension cord, where one worked (old Icon 2 plug dimmer) and one didn't (dual band lamplinc dimmer).

I had a lot of restoring to do, but I think I got it.

I have about 10-15 dual band devices scattered around the house, I shouldn't have phase issues.

I don't have any filterlncs, but maybe I should?

994i/IR Pro, 2413S, 3.38

About 80 devices

Windows XP, 7-32&64, 8-64

This number went over 30, every time I would get a device back others would fail, mostly KPLs.

Appears it was an old X10 transceiver that was causing interference.

I had 2 devices in one outlet, on a Y extension cord, where one worked (old Icon 2 plug dimmer) and one didn't (dual band lamplinc dimmer).

I had a lot of restoring to do, but I think I got it.

I have about 10-15 dual band devices scattered around the house, I shouldn't have phase issues.

I don't have any filterlncs, but maybe I should?

994i/IR Pro, 2413S, 3.38

About 80 devices

Windows XP, 7-32&64, 8-64

Hello CopyRon,

While it's possible that your X10 transceiver simply gave up and began oscillating, it's more likely that you have a failing RF device (low battery or stuck button) or an oscillation between the transceiver and a repeater.

1) What model transceiver was this (TM751, RR501)?

2) Are you using X10 motion sensors or palmpads?

3) What type of X10 Coupling do you have.

4) Did you see evidence of excessive x10 signals in your logs?

Your Insteon units have collision avoidance. They will not transmit if they detect x10 on the powerline.

I had an older hardware TM751 start sending a firestorm of power line garbage. After a dim or bright RF command was processed.

Can't say about the new models. With a surface mounted controller and RF Receiver Daughter Card similar to the board in the CM15A.

It was a TM751, I only plugged it in because I had a light that kept turning on at random and I simply used the TM751 and a remote to change the X10 code in the device, I was unable to remove the X10 code, but changing it solved that problem.

Then I forgot to unplug the transmitter.

Archived